Remove W3 general chat

I am sove tierd of being met with profanity that just fades into the bottom right of my screen the moment I enter wc3. Would love an explanation about how this new bnet is better than the old. Mb im missing something.

4 Likes

They removed /mute on purpose so you would be stressed out and not have any fun. It was removed in Classic Wc3 for no reason during the work on Refurbished. They don’t want anyone having any fun with this game. It was their plan to kill it from the beginning.

I’ve had shills spam me with a auto spam hack bot that will input long sentences every half second or less, faster than a human can CTRL+ V. To the point where it fills up your screen and you can’t even see the game you’re playing

2 Likes

So… Goto the options and turn the profanity filter on?

The super old command from original wc3 code still works. I doubt even blizz knows or they would advertise it. /Squelch playername. This will stop in game ping and all messages they send. This worked for me as of yesterday when I had someone spamming pings 8000 times in 30 min of a game. Good thing old blizz made their spaghetti code hard af to kill

This isn’t true. I’ve been trying the /squelch command for months and it still isn’t recognized. Please show me a picture of it working, it will say it in the chat box

So… Goto the options and turn the profanity filter on?

crashes the game:
X_Twitch

Hm I used it yesterday, and everyone else in game was able to use it successfully… Damnit maybe it only works in game? I will try it again when I get home. Sorry if it’s not working.

Sorry but you’re wrong or lying. It doesn’t work and they removed it on purpose to stress their players out. Like I said, they don’t want anyone having any fun with this game. It was their plan to kill it from the beginning.

I’ve had shills spam me with a auto spam hack bot that will input long sentences every half second or less, faster than a human can CTRL+ V. To the point where it fills up your screen and you can’t even see the game you’re playing

Here’s a little pic of general chat. I’ll get one of in game real quick

xhttps://imgur.com/a/NHnIKnu

The super old command from original wc3 code still works.

There is no way to ignore or mute someone in the game anymore, all the other commands do not work anymore aswell, they removed all of them for no reason.

X_Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Well I’ll test it again when I get home idk what else to say. I’m 50 miles away from my PC atm lol. This games buggier than a termite mound I’m still trying to figure out what’s broken or not and if it’s a partial or complete break.

SMH I said I’ll test it again when I’m home, I am decently confident I got it to work. Now I just have to recreate it and figure out why it worked. But there is a chance it might work for other people you shovelhead so quit going off on me. Just trying to help ffs

So im testing it now, /squelch does work, you need to use the players full battle tag.
/unsquelch reverts it. Example : /squelch playername#1234

Well this is useless. You can’t see their battle tags in general chat and most games. Thanks for the useless testing and info. I’m guessing it makes it impossible in Classic since they messed it up there too. Thanks :speak_no_evil::see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::monkey: developers for a game filled with hackers and no way to protect yourself from spam