Remaster ALL the cinematics, not ONLY THE FIRST one!

Hello! I have just watched Game Informer’s interview with Blizzard ( search How Blizzard Created Warcraft III’s Classic Cinematics )

“Even though we have all those old assets, the frames and everything, the only thing we are going to be remaking for the new Warcraft 3 product is the announcement cinematic”, and the other cinematics are simply going to be “upgraded” with the quality.

Blizzard, please, don’t do that! The new cinematic is amazing and we really NEED the other ones to look similar. Upscaling the textures isn’t enough! ALL of the cinematics should be remade. The difference between old intro cinematic and a new one shows us how all of the already existing cinematics could look even better with the help of nowadays technologies. It’s something that should be in the game, and it’s a big gift to your loyal community: both old players and newcomers.

I do understand that creating a cinematic takes much effort, but better recreate them all. Otherwise we are getting something like half remaster, with one of the cinematics being redone and others simply upscaled.

Thank you.

11 Likes

tbh, I like the older cinematic better, orc voice was better. Human helmet wasnt as over the top inch steel thinck armor and so on. Basically, older style wasnt as over the top. New one has seen improvements … so. What Id recommend, they increase resolution and quality of cinematics, but do not change them. Proper lighting like in the new version.

new version had too much detail on the humie face, it should be harder to see in such dark-skyed environment.
-make them the same but new lighting and detail. Not too much work like trying to do it all over again but not really.

1 Like

I hope they change their mind too. I’m perfectly fine with waiting longer.
I preordered it the instant they said it was available in that announcement panel. I kinda wish I had waited to know more. I just assumed they were redoing all of them since they did the opening one as well (which they didn’t do for SC Remastered)

6 Likes

yeah… im still going to keep my pre-order for the actual gameplay but man this does hurt a bit. those cinematics are really important (to me at least) in showing some of the biggest points of warcraft story

4 Likes

The reforged team is a fairly small team. I honestly don’t think they have the budget to remaster all the cinematics. I do wish they would add in the illidan vs arthas fight cinematic as originally planned though.

2 Likes

To be honest the old cinematic was better than the remastered one… especially with that gimpy infernal :joy:

1 Like

I also prefer they remake every cinematic as it was implied when announced.

4 Likes