Remake reforged graphics

Does anyone know if they planning to remake the reforged graphics?
I think this company that is working on the game right now, realy want to make the game work. They did more then blizzard did in the past 3 years.

I know the game need more ballance and stuff, and graphics ill be likely the last thing they work on I asume.

If nobody knows, can the devs that currently working on game give some answers on this my and mayby 1000 other people that are wondering the same.

1 Like

There’s a fair few people on Hive Workshop making their own versions of improved graphics, might wanna check it out. As for official developers… You’d have to ask the outsourced studio that made them, Lemon Sky Studios.

1 Like

If only they had more time…And would be actively working on it to this day…

Not going to happen. That would be an extremely expensive and time consuming endeavor. And why would they? The graphics are fine The only issue with them is you can’t really see the detail at the normal game camera angles.

1 Like

The graphics are fine The only issue with them is you can’t really see the detail at the normal game camera angles.

The graphics aren’t fine at all. There’s about 5 different art styles and many neglected models/textures. The graphics inconsistency is a joke.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I disagree. And if there are “5 different art styles,” it’s because there’s “5” different races (we’ll just lump all of the non-player stuff into “race 5”), whom SHOULD all have different styles, as they already did before.

It’s fine if you don’t like it but some people do, and the point is moot because they are not going to spend the money it would take to do another graphical revamp.

2 Likes

I actually liked the Night Elves graphical revamp. And they surely looked a lot better than World of Warcraft version.

The only fix the graphics really need is the lighting, like it was when the game was first shown.

What the game really needs is the complete remaking of cinematics like Reforged intro or D2R. Sadly it’s most likely never happening.

1 Like

The classic graphics have an edge over reforged graphics that can’t just be fixed with better resolution lighting and details.

They’re deliberately deformed. and that’s a good thing. That’s right, the classic unit models are deformed and deformed on purpose to make it easier on the eyes and make it easier to track them. That’s why paladins have big heads stubby legs and giant hammers.

It’s not unique to warcraft 3 classic, The those that used to play Homeworld ,would see distorted models of ships when zoomed out at maximum distance. Starcraft 2 models were also modified to make them easier to track their movements to a lesser extant.

1 Like

I mean, that’s like, your opinion bro. My eyes are garbage and they have no problem seeing the units or tracking them, and I like how they look. You don’t have to like them, that’s why there’s an option. But you don’t speak for everyone.

Also the Classic graphics were not “deliberately deformed,” they were just made low poly because that’s what PCs of the era could handle within certain performance ranges- not for identification and tracking purposes, with the exception of the player-color glow circles on the heroes.

3 Likes

Not a chance, the reforged graphics are so universally hated that even just working to finish those graphics would be viewed as a monstrous waste of resources by the vast majority of the playerbase.

resources that could be instead spent on multiplayer systems, race balance, better anti cheat - heck even new campaigns and UI improvements, or modernization for the map editor capabilities.

Low poly isn’t the reason for stubby legs or big heads, a death knight’s body has more realistic proportions but their poly count isn’t all that different. But the paladin is dismounted and the Death knight is on a horse. Deformed might be the wrong word, cartooned?

I just find them them unusable, but they’re good for cutscenes or when zoomed in close . They seem to make the game crash too so no good in the long run.

That was just the art style of the game at the time. War1/2 look that way too. It’s just the art style, it wasn’t specifically made that way just to help you see.

2 Likes

Who said the reforged graphics are “universally hated”? There’s some pro players are nitpicking of what is bad with the reforged graphics. The hatred IS towards the animation and the sounds being different, not the graphics itself.

2 Likes

imho war3 reforged is some of the worst graphics i have ever seen.

but to each his own.

Not holding your opinion against yourself, but it is quite disingenuous to assume everyone think the same as you are. And I had gone through that as well.

1 Like

I did not assume that.
Except a few people here i have literally never seen or heard someone like Reforged graphics - let alone prefer them over the classic ones.
And the number of people hating on Reforged graphics is colossally overwhelming.

That is why my original post says “majority of the playerbase” and “universally”.
Those phrases do not mean that literally every human out of 8,000,000,000+ on Earth think like that.
What it does mean is that the opposite opinion is so rare that it may as well not exist.

Clearly, you’ve never played Pong.

“Universally” would mean all, which is exactly the assumption you’re denying, and “majority of the playerbase” is still an assumption which you cannot back up with fact. You and a couple of your friends isn’t “a majority of the playerbase.”

2 Likes

More like “every stream & chat room of war3 i have seen since reforged came out” but i am not interested in this topic.

Enjoy your reforged graphics.