Reforged Rock Golems are not lightning or magic, they are crisp bright stones!

In defence of the Reforged Rock Golems which are unusually bright.

I have not seen people’s speaking the truth, yet I have seen folks’ getting confused. They say that the Golems are now brimming with some peculiar energy or lava or lightning.

This is incorrect!

There are no Golems in WoW at all (aside from Titan constructs). But there are stones! In the Earth Elemental plane added in 2010! Deeplholm! This is what the top-notch beauty of the stone element is supposed to look like!

And lo and behold, it’s that bright crisp red!

2 Likes

Admittedly, it took a few seconds of staring initially at the new rock golems to register them as rock golems. Then it made sense overall because “oh yeah, Cataclysm happened with a strong emphasis on elementals”.

I do think they could’ve maybe made more “bridged” designs though from what we’ve seen between the RTS and the MMO.

the original WC3 infernal is so much cooler than the ugly WoW infernal

1 Like

Do you mind linking to the models being discussed?

You want to have me banned?

https://reactionimage.org/img/gallery/1485182606.gif

1. WC3 SD.

1. WoW Beta.

1. WoW vanilla-WoD.
  2. WoW Legion-BfA.

1. Cinematic.

1. Reforged.

DDG it for yourself.

i dont get what you are saying, doesn’t look like “you’re” english is good, but from what i can understand…

There are plenty of golems in wow, if you are just using the names as reference, you can find many built by dwarves, many built by the titans and many build by magic users of other races.

On a different note i am quite surprised by the fact they didn’t make the clay golem look anything like the one they made for the WoW movie, that one was quite the stereotypical classic wc3 golem and is being completely ignored here, somehow it seems that the convention regarding these golems is now that the crystals somehow give them life, instead of it being something less obvious as in the WoW movie and wc3 versions- in the sense that you could not see the “battery” animating them.

In my opinion the new models are not bad at all but are not representative of the original clay, stone and granite golem models and look nothing at all like them; this being mainly because when you look at them you dont notice the clay/stone/granite straight up, the first thing you notice are the huge crystals; i dont think its wrong to add crystals to them for the sake of expanding their lore somehow (if we are going with the idea that the crystals power them) but i do not think they should be the main characteristic of them now all of a sudden given that they had absolutelly no connection to crystals anywhere i can recall since the release of the models.

Do you understand the difference between Standard Definition and High Definition?

WC3 Classic is not “SD” you can play the CLASSIC Version in 1080p Resolution… its even be playable in 4K despite not fully supporting it

You can also play Reforged on an SD Screen if that’s all you have, SD and HD have nothing to do with the new textures

Which parts are confusing to you? My use of possessive case before gerund? Guess what, that is the correct way to speak and write!

But I’m saying the opposite! Those are mere rocks, just shinier.

Stop it. This is what Blizzard calls it - SD. Therefore, I call it such - SD!

yes i know you said that but i think blizzard is going for the idea that it’s the crystals that give them life or that after being alive the golems want to find the crystals and keep them for some reason.
Both ideas are good in a vacuum but they make the models differ so much from the originals…