Reforged install Effectively Removed Frozen Throne from my Computer

Not only did the reforged install silently trample over my old frozen throne install, the frozen throne installer now just installs reforged. Is this intended? Some custom game functionality is still broken in Reforged and I was working in Frozen Throne to test my stuff.

Howdy!

Yes. If you notice any bugs with certain maps or triggers make sure to report them to our QA team over on the Bug Report forums.

Reported in beta forums when first found.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/warcraft3/t/bug-custom-ability-extended-tooltip-and-icon-set-in-code-behave-incorrectly/13032

Can you confirm whether or not this is intended? Is playing Frozen throne no longer supported? Kinda feels like a game that was working fine yesterday got yanked off my computer.

3 Likes

Same happened to me. I wanted to decide for myself what im playing

Both Warcraft 3 games are rolled into the same installer. Though the file structure and menus have changed. The story unlocks in a linear format as you play.

Hope the info helps!

did you look at graphic of classic w3 how it looks now? if you set to high settings it looks like low settings.

I understand that both of the old warcraft games are now rolled into the same installer for reforged. My question is whether or not playing those old games is still supported. Say I just got some nostalgia and wanna see those old models where I can count the polygons. Is that no longer a supported scenario? I paid for old reign of chaos and frozen throne independent of paying for refoged so I feel like those games shouldn’t have been taken away.

1 Like

Hey again,

Thanks for following up with us. To be a little technical, we only support the most up to date version of the game. In this case it would be the version installed through the Blizzard Battle.net Application, game version 1.32.0.14481

It may be possible to install older copies from the game using a disk, but it would not be supported. Going online with those older versions of the game will not work since our servers run the updated version (for battle.net) - Offline mode for those older versions may still work.

That said, those older versions are not updated or optimized for modern systems. In most cases it will not run properly and depends heavily on system setup such as operating system version, graphics drivers, etc.

I hope this answers your question. Let us know if there’s anything else!

I understand you don’t wanna fork the community for online play, but if I’m understanding correctly, the old Frozen Throne installer I can download from the “Games and Subscriptions” section of Battle. net under “Classic Games” is no longer intended to install Frozen Throne?

Not trying to be hostile but did I even need to buy Reforged or could I have just gotten it for free from already owning old frozen throne?

Currently that button will install the Battle.net application.

Without having a Reforged license on your account, many of the new/updated features will be disabled. It would not be possible to enable those features without the purchase.

hey i have reforged license. and i can tell you i want to play old w3 with old sounds not the new sounds wich sounds horrible. graphic now on w3 classic looks very bad and i own reforged license and roc + tft license. I just want old w3 back to play normaly.

i have a question that is not really technical but you may be able to answer it. is blizzard TRYING to go out of business? first there was the mobile diablo garbage, then kissing the rears of a totalitarian regime, and now you just filled my laptop’s limited SSD space with 28GB of garbage that i DID NOT consent to. what the hell is wrong with you people?

4 Likes

Hey folks,

While we can understand that some of you may disagree with this decision, this isn’t the right forum for feedback. Here we’re focused on answering technical related questions.

If you’d like to submit a suggestion, our QA folks and Developers keep an eye on player sentiment/suggestions at the general forums rather than here.