Reforged idea

Hi Blizzard! I was brainstorming and I started to wonder since Reforged is not getting updates as often as WoW – because the game industry is all about money now – I was wondering how much money I would have to donate to Blizzard on behalf of Reforged in order for them to add a cheat code on the Reforged menu. Specifically I would ask that after I log in, then the cheat code will enter the legacy 2002 game menu for fun. Specifically I have no intention to pirate wc3 nor to subvert the login of the new menu, but as a player I just like the old menu and would enjoy if I could access it after logging in.

So I was thinking there could be for example a kickstarter to get funds for this donation. If we tell people the cheat code to go to Old Menu will also allow Custom Campaigns I think we might get good donations. For example what if I start the kickstarter goal at $10,000, would Blizzard add a cheat code to the new menu to let me quit out to the 2002 game menu in return for $10,000 donation? Is this not enough?

1 Like

Just pirate the old game, they don’t mind. Why would you want to give those crooks even more money that they will no doubt rather spend on dumb stuff rather than development (assuming they had the competency to develop something, but they don’t).

4 Likes

See, I don’t think that this is something that applies to someone if they have purchased the product. As someone who has paid money to use a piece of software, I’d say you are more than allowed to download an earlier version of the software as you see fit (Long as you do not distribute it of course).

2 Likes

A kickstarter for sending the cousin of the CEO to a better course of webdesign would suffice I guess…

3 Likes

I’ve found myself having to use links provided on Hive Workshop just to restore a libary of pre-Reforged copies of Warcraft 3 myself. I mean, I paid for the game – twice, even, not counting Reforged – and I certainly have every entitlement to make sure the software continues to work as such.

Blizzard royally screwed up with Reforged, and though I may find myself going back to their older games because there’s still something to enjoy there, I can’t see myself ever resubbing to WoW or playing any of their modern titles that are currently on the Battle.net platform.

Activision can suck it.

3 Likes