Reforged GRAPHICS needs an URGENT change

Reforged needs better graphics, everyone here says that is not the problem but they dont use reforged graphics anyway. Its amazing how many people doesnt care in graphics terms, they simply say “nah, its fine” when its not. Since Blizzcon 2018 everyone saw a extreme big downgrade.

And I ask to those people who says that graphics are not the problem… why no one is using them? Check every single gameplay in youtube or twitch, you see nobody using reforged graphics, maybe 1 from 100. Casual-Pro players, they dont use it neither.

Reforged needs a better looking shadows, lighting, terrain textures and smooth animations, units recognizition, trees textures…

And after all this, reforged is only playable with quenching graphics mod.

*** And forgot to say how bad reforged looks during Night phase" ***

2 Likes

Realistic graphics will never work. Even SC2 is sometimes hard to discern. Brood War’s 2D offers the best visual clarity. Thus, what would the target audience of the hyper-realistic graphics even be?

The real answer should always have been the limited-scope retouching such as the WC3 hero models released for SC2. Easy to make, easy to see, everyone would have been happy (even though I myself would not have been impressed back in 2018, but hey, hindsight 2023).

realistic models can work really fine, I personally checked that with the old quenching mod 1.6 client, where units were so much recognozible in battle.

Blizzard maybe wont rework units models, but changing the enviorment (terrain, trees and grass) , shadows, lightning would make an infinite change to better.

No. Fintetuning some things, like lighting and terrain textures? Yes. Otherwise, really no.