Reforged Czech Dubbing

Some time ago i wrote to CD project and asked them where is the problem between them and Blizzard regarding our ( czech ) dubbing.

They responded to me, that there is no problem at their side. They would give Blizzard rights to use the dubbing, but they dont want it, because they have their strict intern company politic that dont allow to have dubbing for language without support aswell.

So we can hope, that they will change this stupid intern politic and will give us our dubbing :slight_smile:

3 Likes

No no no, it’s dubbing!

1 Like

Hah :smiley: thank, stupid mistake…

1 Like

OK Blizzard, I have read you are not going to make major changes in campaign, so there should not by any problem just copying and pasting already made Czech dubbing, is not that so?

2 Likes

Please do the same for Polish dubbing. It is 11/10. New one is 8/10 but the difference between masterpiece and good think is like night and day. Please include menu option to select old voice lines!

1 Like

Do those who do not buy Reforged get their old lines deleted?

I’m surprised so few are talking about this. Is this too hard to articulate? Or nobody cares because nobody buys Warcraft 3 anyway either way lol?

2 Likes

Well i hope they will give us option for old voice it is so good. Never heard better one in movies or games. And i also hope Diablo 4 will have 8 players CO-OP i don’t know why companies go with only 4 player mode. Me and my fiends are waiting for 24 players maps in warcraft 3 not 4 :smiley:

2 Likes

Czech dubbing for W3 was what actually brought me into the Warcraft universe.

1 Like

It’s been so long. Blizzard actually’s been Doing nothing in all year. Now they trying to release unfinished game on latest moment. Shame on you. You took people money to transfer it to other projects but not to Warcraft reforged. You cancelled much stuff in the game, and still It doesn’t ready yet. Give people money back. !

It is time we rise again! How many Czech and Slovak gamers are here!!!

1 Like

Blizzard, please, bring back our pride and joy of czech dubbing back. We dont have a problem with English language, we can understand it, but This is one of the best memoriy in our childhood. It make us delighting and amusing when we play the most breathtaking story where everything started and developed another games which you have made. So please don’t let this our legacy into the oblivion.

2 Likes

Its funny how you all just realized that Czech is missing but it is missing from classic too since patch 1.28. last patch with CZ support was before widescreen patch (1.27.) since then Czech version is not supported for battle net and did not recieved patch it was around May 2018… You should rather spam CD Projekt which was distributor for CZ/SK according to my original CDs :slight_smile: … they need to get another license from Blizzard.

1 Like

German version also has now a new dubbing. All names are now german (Jaina Proudmoore became Jaina Prachtmeer). This localisation ruined WoW for me and now WC3 Reforged and even WXC3 Classic are ruined with this garbage localisation as well…and the new sounds are ugly. So much promised changes were cancelled and the only thing no one wanted to be changed, u ruined. Nice fail, Blizzard

1 Like

Update for everyone:

Someone working on CZ mod for Reforged for now it contains dubbing and few texts in game (mod is currently in “Beta” ). Cinematics are also in CZ.

Note that we still don’t know if Blizzard will ban you for using language mod and also I had trouble with custom game creation yesterday after I applied CZ mod but it may not be related since game is still broken. It was late and I had no more time to test it more.

Anyway link for anyone who wants good old CZ dubbing here:
xhttps://www.moddb.com/downloads/warcraft-3-reforged-mod-czd (delete x at beginning of the link)

Is it safe to use this mod or I will get banned for it? I really want to enjoy the nostalgia of w3 with Czech dubbing.

In my experience, if you create a mod that does not give you some unexpected advantage during the versus mode, and it does not change unit stats or other things that would break the game, then you do not have problems using that mod in multiplayer.

Here is a video game where I used a high elves mod for example:

2 Likes

I am still standing for this !

Alright… 3 years passed… There’s still no official reply from Blizz devs. We don’t ask for much. The original dubbing is available somewhere, we only humbly ask you to implement it in the game. Czechoslovak community is very strong with this game and it’s very sad to see that no Blizz official really care. No statement, nothing.
You promised us more cutscenes, more dialogues, … Optimalization sucks to be honest. From what I can tell, you only wanted to add microtransactions to the game and now, instead of fixing the game so it’s popular again, you’re trying to forget it ever happened. Many W3R players refunded the game, I’m not one of them. I still believe you’ll fix it in the future… And make more campaigns for us (ever for money)… I’m naive though. Listen to the fans, Blizz. Communicate with them. Don’t lose them.

This isn’t meant as insult, it’s constructive criticism. I doubt any official will read it though.

First: There’s no chance in the world there will ever be a Czech dub. 100% full stop. It isn’t even that commonly supported in games in text only, much less audio.

Second: Although there are signs that it could be changing, up to this point there has not been any work on the game in over 9 months excluding a fix for an issue that prevented non-reforged owners from playing.

Edit: Apparently the original game did have Czech audio. Though in my experience, few games offer decent audio in languages other than that of the country where the development team comes from.
Also, in regard to your comment:

Optimalization sucks to be honest. From what I can tell, you only wanted to add microtransactions to the game and now

There was never a plan to add microtransactions to the game. There are no microtransactions in the game, and there almost certainly never will be. All there is is the “spoils of war edition,” They never announced any plans for any other content like this.

It is possible that there will be some work on the game in the future, according to a hint by Blizzard prez on his livestream. But since they weren’t specific about anything, best to temper expectations. If we start seeing dev posts in the forum again because there is actually a team working on the game, I would revisit this topic then.
That said, it’s not just Warcraft III, none of the Modern Battle.net games appear to support Czech.

You can add the old original dubbing to Reforged:

2 Likes