Reforge the reforged

Any modelers/texture artists want to reforge reforged? xD

4 Likes

If you want to take Armies of Azeroth as baseline, I consider it bad.

1 Like

No point buddy they have unit skins coming with reforged.

1 Like

so you say, there will be a skin to make arthas more like he was in wc3, or wotlk, or bfa?

And that there will be a skin making jainaā€™s cape like in wc3ā€¦

I dont think soā€¦

Aw thnx man, glad you like it :smiley:
but no, taking reforged as baseline, and making it ā€œbetterā€

if they donā€™t change arthasā€™ model then iā€™ll do it myself for sure.

1 Like

Iā€™d rather make new models that fit with Reforgedā€™s style. Units with more realistic proportions, higher detail for close ups, etc, but ultimately new units or characters

I might do a variation or two of some units that I find too off-base, but otherwise I donā€™t see much of a point to ā€˜Reforging reforgedā€™ since thereā€™s no way for us to do permanent model swaps.

I personally want to expand what we already have rather than spend time being redundant.

1 Like

thereā€™s a way to do it in wc3, in wow too, why not in reforged?

May Reforgedā€™s editor come with some rudimentary, accessible model editor to at least let us staple together and scale objects.

1 Like

iā€™d be cool if blizzard did thatā€¦ but even if not fans could do it ā€œsoonishā€ after reforged comes out

1 Like

The real question is how mods friendly reforged will be

same as wc3?
tho mod friendliness has been decaying with every patch xD
(mods as in mpq based mods not maps)

Because you know, itā€™s not very likely for the game to be mod friendly when youā€™re going to sell skins

you can mod lol and dota 2 thoā€¦
And im pretty sure i could mod sc2, because sc2 files are openable, same as wowsā€¦

Well, Ok then Post must be at least 20 characters

Major be like:

3 Likes

i couldnā€™t be any less flattered to be compared to our lord and savior.

Not mutually exclusive.

SC2 is mod friendly (as in accessible, not ease of use) AND has purchaseable skins.

Thatā€™s good, apparently the world editor ought to give you access to the modeling tools they use for these new models weā€™re getting, should be simple enough to start modifying.

1 Like

Kitbashing is very popular in WC3, Iā€™m sure a lot of amateurs will just take existing models and scale or replace different parts to suit their needs

A lot of WC3ā€™s current custom models are made from bits and pieces of existing models.

heā€™s just a troll dont mind him :smiley:
On that note i bet this thread will be deleted ā€œbecause its trollingā€ or somethingā€¦ i dont think any thread that i started survived the purge :smiley:

idk if it will be included in world editor, but imo they will release autodesk plugins probablyā€¦ and fans will make some sort of model editor/update old onesā€¦
And yeah simple changes are really easy once u get the hang of it

1 Like