Question about PBR tehnology?

We saw some rusty armor and realistic alike textures in Reforged demo.

• 1.My question is after they are done with PBR, is there a way to handpaint diffuse map (do they need to follow uv maps etc while drawing on diffuse ? )

• 2.Does a handpainted diffuse requeires modifiying an existing normal textures too ?

• Look at this outsourcing blizz supervisor and assets, i see handpainted diffise,normal/spec/emissive and metalic texture maps.

X_https://www.artstation.com/artwork/E4rN

• 3.Do you think they will ever polish demo textures with some filters or even go handpainted ?
    Does this costs ALOT ?

I will remind that in the unnoficial forum poll, people choise for “something between realistic and cartoonie texture style” has won drastically over single “only cartoon” or “only realistic”

2 Likes

Useless topic, what they are doing with metal parts are premade textures, if you wish to handpaint over them you got to do it again from start, no they won’t give demo textures or stuff and there is no option like choosing cartoonish or realistic, handpaint has nothing to do with pbr you can both hand paint and use pbr , you can use pbr to add more details instead of manually drawing textures directly or do both to just adjust lights to be better

Off topic, but why do you use bullet points if you’re just going to do a numbered list instead? Both bullet points and numbered lists are forum features, so there’s no reason to use a bullet point only to then number it.

I am not trying to proove anything, it is a question for real.
For example some rusty,mudy and blury textures maybe has nothing to do with handpainting in photoshop, maybe it has to do with tehnical things in substance painter.
Maybe in order to get some cleaner versions of textures theres no need for photoshop and handpainting , or maybe it rly does have do with photoshop or substance painter.

Maybe it was just demo quality at the end?
And maybe they will keep the way it was seen in demo. Who bloody knows???

I had to ask, cause for example look at this, 2 models made from same heartstone concept and look how different texturing appareance is (not to mention proportions and baby face) ?

X_https://imgur.com/a/Exo4wGe

I mean that third Arthas, the fanmade one, certainly has effort put into it and all that but it goes way too hard the opposite direction. Arthas is a young adult during the events of Reign of Chaos and The Frozen Throne (a year later in the official timeline).

The face on the fan model looks like a mid-30’s or ambiguously early 40’s dude that’s really aggravated he can’t find a bathroom but is far too obstinate to ask for directions to one. Also he’s got a case of Bambi eyes. They’re a little big.

This isnt subject here, baby face or 40 old guy face.

Its about low quality Reforged demo assets had. And things i wrote are questions, certanily not for someone like you to answer.

Need some professional artists to answer,hopefully they exist in forum

PBR ME DADDY

PBR ME DADDYy

1 Like

Time for my favourite emoji!
:thinking: