PTR Patch Notes -- Version 1.32.10 -- Updated March 16

Nice to see another patch from you but it is not what I was looking for or expecting. Im a high lvl EU undead player and want to give overall feedback about changes and what I think should be fixed in the first place.

Hu vs UD

The biggest problem of this match up was the wood economy of human. You finally noticed it and made some changes but at the same time you buffed human late game even more. Human already has a stronger late game than UD. Problem for them was getting to it without getting snowballed by UD who harrased very well or delayed human economy. If the game is 50-50, human is always better in late game. Their army composition is more balanced and when you see highest lvl of ud vs hu, undeads in this scenario tend to go all in on heroes because its impossible to win a straight fight vs even army/heroes of HU. You should nerf human late game if your buffing their early game not mentioning tower repair buff that will affect other match ups (tower rushes at t1 and t2).

UD changes

I still think that the rod nerfed you introduced last patch is outrageous. It destroyed every timing of creep route in every match up for UD and still will. This has to be reverted. Just look how it affected UD meta. People dont go DK first that often, because creeping is harder and slower right now. This item was in a very good place and I dont know why you nerfed it in a first place. If the reason was peasant harras, buffing their HP was enough! The thing that should have been adressed was reseting CD of rod when it was swapped to another hero allowing to cast multiple skeletons at the same time!

Finally making tech changes to frost wyrms but still I think that undead tech buildings cost too much wood. Getting frost wyrms especially on 1 base is still problematic because of how expensive the building is! Sacrificial pit should cost less wood or maybe figure out something else to make shade available. Its extremly usefull but people skip is because of 150 wood they need to spend on it.

CL nerf was needed. Impale didnt need any dmg buff like you did before. We only wanted it not to be bugged like it was. Its still a 100 mana spell which is very expensive but it cant stun for a long time and deal lot of dmg (either stun or dmg cant do both on very good level) but you need to buff something else. Armor talent is still useless.

Lich frost armor nerf I dont like. It is the only counter spell to hex/ensnare/early hero nuke of ORC with speed scroll. Not to mention endurance aura has bigger movement speed buff than unholy aura while UD vs ORC is all about hit n run (now not very efficient).

There are still several nerfs missing of skills that I think are too strong. My opinion is that spells should work as risk/reward mechanic. Like in order to get a good stomp you need to go deep into enemy army but you end up taking lots of dmg or risk losing a hero if enemy nukes him. Another example is DK coil where you need to come close to deny a creep while enemy can counter play by attacking your hero and keeping him out of range or trying to surround. There are counterplays but if you look at HEX or ENTANGLE. There is 0 counter play. Especially entangle is too good spell. It basicly “stuns” a unit (cant move or attack) and deals a lot of dmg. Lvl 2 entangle can kill a ghoul on blight (0 risk, HUGE REWARD). Hex on the other hands is not only a great CC spell but also DENIES experience. Even when there are 2 heroes arround, a HEXed hero (that doesnt get any experience) still is treated as a potential hero that gains experience and denies it for another resulting in second hero getting only 50% while the first one gets ZERO (ITS INSANE). Spells have to be treated as risk/reward. Impale is very expensive and you try to time it as good as possible without spaming. Or with DK, you try not to take too much dmg. Mana burns have to be adressed too. Mana is one of the most important resource in the game and DH or BM can burn tons of mana without much of a risk.

Overall I think there are bigger issues with the game than the balance changes your trying to do for each of the races. Map mechanics and item economy are the biggest issues of the game right now. Things like lighting shield creeping that allows to creep harder camps very fast (look how efficent elfs are doing it with AOW creepinig). Creep pulling that makes golems or other units stop using their abilities or spells. Another thing is the range you can pull the creep and surround it in a safe spot resulting in other units not protecting the key creep. Critter placement/lack of them or random movement that denies early corpses for UD resulting in not beeing able to creep with skeletons. I wont even go into details with items because its just a huge topic. Those fundemntals should be adressed first before we can even start balancing races.

Thank you for reading. Will make video about it too.

4 Likes