PTR Patch Notes -- 1.32.10 -- Updated March 29

Lok Tar!

The development team would like to thank the community for all of your testing and feedback over the last two weeks.

We’ve decided update the PTR with changes that address much of your feedback. We have also changed the format of these patch notes to help track what is being updated, added, and reverted.

We want this patch to focus primarily on the Undead vs Human matchup, as these changes do affect other matches. However, considering recent premiere
tournaments and feedback, we have decided to add some additional changes to the other races. Please continue to test and give feedback on our latest changes.

Once again, thank you to all who continue to test and send us feedback.

–The Warcraft 3 Team

Undead

• Acolyte hit point regeneration while on Blight reduced from 4 to 3 hp per
    second.
  • Rod of Necromancy cooldown reduced from 26 to 24.
  • Ritual Dagger cost reduced from 125 to 100.
  • Cryptlord’s Impale hero stun duration reduced from 1/2/3 to 1/.1.5/2.
  • Boneyard no longer requires sacrificial pit.
  • Cryptlord’s Impale damage reduced from 75/120/165 to 60/105/150.
  • Frost Armor’s on hit duration now scales 3/5/7.

Human

• Improved Lumber tech requirement removed.
  • Advanced Lumber tech requirement changed from Castle to Keep.
  • Knights have Sundering Blades by default.
  • Priest Dispel range increased from 600 to 700.
  • Towers now repair 5 seconds faster.
  • Siege Engine experience bounty reduced from 85 to 60.
  • Thunderclap AOE reduced from 300/350/400 to 300/325/350.

Night Elves

• Druid of the claw starting mana increased from 100 to 125.
  • Mountain Giant Second Taunt removed.
  • Mana Flare damage per mana increased from 3 to 4.
  • Mana Flare max damage increased from 90 to 100.
  • Faerie Dragon base damage reduced from 13 to 12.

Orcs

• Scroll of speed cost increased from 50 to 70.
  • Serpent Wards experience bounty increased from 12.5/20/30 to 12.5/30/42.5.

Neutral

• Pandaren Brewmaster’s strength and intelligence increased by 1.
  • Breath of Fire max damage increased from 480/720/1080 to 480/800/1200.

Items

• Alleria’s Flute of Accuracy bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.75.
  • Ancient Janggo of Endurance bonuses reduced from 0.05/0.1 to 0.03/0.75.
  • Khadgar’s Pipe of Insight bonus reduced from 0.75 to 0.5.
  • Legion Doom-Horn bonuses reduced from 0.5 / 1.0 to 0.3 / 0.75.
  • Scourge Bone Chimes bonus reduced from 0.2 to 0.15.
  • Warsong Battle Drums bonus reduced from 0.1 to 0.075.
  • The Lion Horn of Stormwind bonus reduced from 2 to 1.5.
  • All items resell percentage increased from 50% to 65% of the item’s original cost.
  • Scroll of Town Portal cost reduced from 350 to 325.

Bugfixes

• Fixed an issue of inconsistent rally flag behavior on Goldmines which could reveal player locations in the Fog of War.
10 Likes

Lok-tar!

Faerie Dragons currently do 14-16 damage, but the patch notes states that they will be nerfed in base damage from 13 --> 12 when their base damage is currently 14. Are they going from 14 to 12? Or from 14 to 13? Please clarify

Lok’Tar everyone!

May I have one request? just one please? It is about the small QoL Change on MASTER Bears…

Please note that bears starts with the following MANA / MANA POOL :

INITIATE : 100 / 200 (can ROAR) ADEPT : 150 / 300 (can REJUV or ROAR) MASTER : 200 / 400 (can ROAR / turn into a Bear OR can REJUV and turn into Bear)

NOW WITH THIS BUFF!! yes let’s call it this way, a buff… we would have … :

125 / 200 (CAN ROAR) 175 / 300 (CAN REJUV or ROAR) 225 / 400 (can ROAR / turn into a Bear OR can REJUV and turn into Bear)

Result is exactly identical to what we have just now without the patch! They would soak a little bit less mana if you use moonwell to heal them up, but this is anyway a nono since they would just drink all the juice which is in most case a mistake because it is just much better to just wait for a REJUV.

NOW! LETS HELP OUR BEARS BUDDIES! I really think this change would make sense if as initiate the BEAR could actually cast Rejuvenation and roar ONLY when they are adept; A similar change was done on necromancer, why not on bears? Then, this change would actually make sense and help Night Elves when they are struggling because there is no more juice in our MWs… Human as a cheap scroll + priest, Orc has salves and usually SH, UD can coil and use status… Night elf have MW ok, but when they are dry they need something else and I guess this modification could help a lot the night elve to get some survivability.

Please consider this request! Thank you and please don’t drink all the juice!

Cheers! blaST9Z

4 Likes

The lvl 2 and 3 serpent wards giving more ecp than a water elemental is ridiculous. If you are going to increase speed scroll cost at least give healing salves an extra charge or cost reduction.

Human and Undead are already the 2 best races with this patch its just going to be Undeads and Humans left. Please take another good look at your iteration

3 Likes

Here is more feedback. Main plea for the upcoming patch, pls make small steps at a time.

Items. The higher resell % increases the list of items to be sold right away. I think 60% would be a better number than 65% (even for computations). For example, L2 item (le ToD’s ring) that costs 125 gold, will now be sold for 75 gold. The changes to aura items and townportal look interesting.

UD. The changes for UD look good.

NE. It would be nice to compensate MG’s 2nd taunt removal with some buff on Tier 2. Maybe give them soft-hardened skin, say +2 dmg reduction, right from the start, similar to taurens getting mini-pulverize right away.

HU. Hard to say, but I still disagree with faster Tower repair rate. How about removing Imbued Masonry and decreasing the cost of Improved Masonry by 25 gold to promote Lumber Mill upgrades? Also, can we remove glow from the knights’ blades?

ORC. As a compensation for high speed scroll cost in the early game, can we reduce the cost of the War Mill from 205 to 200 gold?

Neutral. Panda is strong in the late game, so increasing max dmg for Breath of Fire, to me, is not a good idea. Giving Panda +1 strength and +1 agility (instead of 1 intelligence), as Grubby suggested, should be already a decent buff for the early game.

1 Like

What did you drink to double the xp earn by killing a serpent ward, honestly ?
RIP orcs.

3 Likes

Faerie Dragon damage have following parametrs in world editor:
Base Damage - 13
Damage Numger of Dise - 1
Damage Sides per Dise - 3
14-16 Damage, that u see in game calculated like this: 13 + 1 = 14; and 13 + ( 1 * 3) = 16

Hi toddddddddd.

are u kidding nerf orcs every patch? increasing gold cost on 40% is too much, and exprience for wards on 50% on 2lvl aswell. And plz, nerf undeads banshees curse, is totally imposible to play this mu, just check , 33% misses on 120 sec, for reference, demon hunter evasion 10/20/30%, so banshees have more misses, than DH on lvl 5, rly? And orcs cant dispel it all. This change is must have, but u chaning other unnenecessary things…

4 Likes

I would agree with that. They certainly gave too little experience before, but now they likely give too much.

2 Likes

I am so glad that patch listening to community. However, I think it is not adding up the opinion from community, and should consider the overall adding up effect. I undertstand Brewmaster and faerie dragon change targeting Hum vs NE matchup, but this matchup is not very broken right now, so change either faerie dragon or brewmaster should be enough to fix this match up, changing both of them are too much!!! Also, I understand orc need some nerf, but I think it is still necessary buff other orc units or item to balance the nerf. In all, adding all community opinion together in one patch is too much!

Great Patch, you adressed a lot of things which needed a change, im supprised in a good way.

This item was initially posted in error. The correct numbers for today are:

• Serpent Wards experience bounty increased from 12.5/20/30 to 12.5/30/42.5.
2 Likes

This was one of the better changes ive seen , if not the best.

I still think the Human tower repair thing is just INSANE. Tower rush and tower push is already strong vs Elf… with this repair, u can expect 5 out of 10 games on bnet to be tower rushes/pushes.

Snakes MUST give more exp… but maybe the increase was a bit too much. i would increase slightly on lvl 1, and an average increase on lvls 2 and 3.

FINALLY Faery Dragons might do what they are supposed to do: effectively counter casters. Please keep these changes or even increase the damage of mana flare in case the PTR doesnt show improvement.

Increasing the cost of Speed scroll was NEEDED. u can get out of any tricky situation, saving your entire army for 50 gold. thats jjust out of this world. btw, orcs have been winning everything. this will not change that.

Sundering blades change is not the best, though. make the upgrade cheaper, maybe? dont give it for free.

But overall, this is way better than the last one.

5 Likes

I like these changes, but why are you guys so against buffing bears? More armor would be great especially against knights and destroyers.

5 Likes

You realize night elf was already the worst race by a significant margin? MGs were a crutch that was stupid and I’m glad they are nerfed, but without that crutch night elf will completely fall over, especially against human.

Night elf has an unfavorable match-up against all the races now and the proposed fix is set to make this even worse. How does this make any sense? What is the reasoning behind these changes?

6 Likes

I like the direction this PTR headed relative to last PTR.

Not sure if the coding is too complicated BUT I have a suggestion for the item selling changes. Right now consumables are pretty balanced. There was a lot of concern last PTR that selling TP would be too good for orc at 75%. I know it’s now 65%. But I think 75% value for say a Ring of Protection is actually okay.

My suggestion if this can be coded in without too much difficulty. Reselling consumables like TP, mana pot, heel pot, etc keep at 50% like it is now, reselling permanent items 75% like it was proposed this last ptr. As I mentioned consumable drops are all pretty fair. It’s the permanent item drops that can get unlucky.

Like who the hell asked for these fearie buffs. They try to buff everything besides bears. It’s kind of odd honestly.

As much as I appreciate updates on this game, these balance changes are very odd.
PLEASE just bring back the ladder, clans and player profiles before you work on anything else. I’m sure everyone here agrees with me

3 Likes