PTR Patch Notes -- 1.32.10 -- Updated March 29

Serpent Ward XP is the right area wrong change IMO. It’s only meta use is in Orc v NE matchup.

After struggling to being outright oppressed since Patch 1.30, Orc does seems to have gotten the upper hand in the matchup, at least in Asia. I do think Serpent Wards help orc be just a little to cost effective in the mid-game.

I think the better change is damage reduction. No damage reduction on level 1, a very small damage reduction on level 2, and a bit more damage reduction on level 3.

1 Like

Would ne nice if you actually looked at pro tournament race stats ,especially dh asia esl tour

4 Likes
    The Elf now have 2 difficult matchups, this is against the hums and orcs. And below I will leave my opinion on how to fix it.

Solution: Just buff all NE heroes because they so weak now vs hum ud orc.

1. Demon Hunter just bring back for him +1 agility and +1 armor and Buff immolation and evasion. Metamorphosis duration from 45 to 60 and Metamorphosis cooldown reduce from 180 to 120.
  2. Keeper of the Grove: Keeper of the Grove base Intelligence from 18 to 19 Entangling Roots cast range on 700 with 2 lvl so 600-700-800 and Thorns AuraReflects need buff like 15%/25%/35% also to make this aura work as well on units and heroes against ranged combat as it does on units in melee combat , Increased treants damage base from 14 to 17 (Damage changed from 15-17 to 17-19). Keeper of the Grove Night vision radius need back from 800 to 900.
  3. Potm: Scout, aura buffs like 15%/25%/35% and base attack cooldown reduced from 2.33 to 2.00. Starfall cooldown reduced from 180 to 120 and mana cost reduced from 200 to 150. Hide: fade duration from from 1.5 to 1.0 second.
  4. Warden: Buff agility from 20 to 21 and intelligence from 16 to 17. Fan of knife unit cap 5\6\7. Shadow Strike mana cost return from 75 to 65. Because this hero has 4 used spells so I think it will not hurt to give him a little intelligence and agility and also that this hero survives at the end of the game. Vengeance mana cost reduced from 200 to 150. Hide fade duration from 1.5 to 1.0 second.
    Elves don’t get a second hero, which would be as effective as the second character. But this can be said about any elven match-up. Previously, the luit for the elves was dragged by a Panda, but now this hero is much weaker compared to the luit game-carry of other races-TS, MK and Lich.
    Breath of Fire: Buff Level 1 Breath of Fire raise max damage from 480 to 520.
    Reduce the cost of drunken haze from 70 to 60.

Buff hp for wisps and back for them mana lose to units heroes from 40 to 50 and hp from 120 to 140 hp.
So now about units.
Archer: buff hp from 255 to 260 and time to hide from 1.5 to 1.0 second Because at the beginning of the game these units are very weak.

Huntress: Huntress base damage need back from 15 to 16 ( (16-18 damage to 17-19) and time to hide from 1.5 to 1.0 second. This base units vs hum orc and sometimes vs ud so will be good back for old attack.

Hippogryph: I think after buff gargs this again weak vs gargs so maybe add +1 +2 armor will be help for this units or add hp from 525 to 550.

Dryads: Rework. Dryads HP from 435 to 490 and Abolish Magic damage against summoned units 300. Main mana 300 and initial mana 100 and mana regeneration: 0.95 . Reduce the experience gain from Dryads from Level 3 (60xp) to Level 2 (40 xp). Because the elves absolutely do not have enough dispel mana and damage for dispel also the dryads themselves as units are very weak so it would not hurt to add a little hit points.

Druid of the Talon: Rework Druid of the Talon please, a little bit buff hp and spells faerie fire duration for heroes 60 and for units 90 and the cost of Magic Fire mana is reduced from 45 to 35 . Also guys back fortified on t3 for orc. Because orc have Reinforced Defenses(fortified) and Spiked Barricades on T2 it’s too much for one race. Also yes thank you nerf serpent ward exp but they need nerf Serpent Ward attack damage and hp no experience because this is so op vs elf no only vs talons.

Faerie Dragon: Yes thank you for buff mana flare but but this buff is not enough for these units because in the leit games, the Archmage’s mana regenerates 2 times faster, thus the hum casters replenish mana faster as well. So I think if you increase this spell a little more, for example, max damage to 10 and 120 damage, respectively, and also splash damage to the radius of 40 and max damage to heroes to 70 and 5 damage per unit of mana used for heroes. Also elf players used this units vs orc vs shamans, spirit walkers and vs undead statues. I also believe that the attacking damage by the dragons themselves does not need to be nerfed since the mass faerie dragons are played very rarely and at a high level of games about players, this stratum is not playable and it can easily be countered.

Bears: Return for bear +1 attack and + 40 HP in bear from because this unit weak vs sorcs 55% slow and mk clap lvl2-3 and vs undead destroyers. Will be good if u nerf sorcs like 50% slow. Also please buff armor for bears.

Mountain Giant: Mountain giants so that they can’t be eaten by kodo before the Devour can target Mountain Giants without Resistant Skin and Mountain Giant supply reduced from 7 back to 6 and cargo size reduced from 4 to 2. Also if u nerf second taunt after 1st time when they used so back for them 5 or 6 second cooldown. Please no nerf this units because Mountain Giants needs for elf in late game or in super lata game vs hum,ud,orc. Also after buff knights for human Mountain Giants will be ussles.

Chimera’s. Just bring back for them damage splash radius return from 100 to 125 and Chimaera movement speed return from 250 to 270. These units are very weak against the air if you don’t have time to make a defense for them due to hippogryph or dryads so I think it wouldn’t hurt to give them some mobility back.

Now about the buildings: Free of lifes buff Nature’s Blessing Armor Bonus on +1: so will be 3 for Ancient Protectors, 6 for others. Also i think need back for Tree of Life build time from 120 to 110s. The elven tree of life has the smallest hit points of all the main buildings in the game and also the elven buildings at the beginning of the game have less armor than other races so it would not be bad to equalize some armor buffs nature’s blessing.
The next build: Buff Moon Well mana regeneration at night increased from 1.50 to 1.75 per second and Well Spring now upgrades Moonwells to 450 mana.
The next build Ancient of War Hit Points from 900 to 1000 and base attack increases from 36 to 44 because players for elves use them mostly from the beginning of the game for creeping. They also serve to stand in front of the expansion as a protective building while you are engaged in creeping.

11 Likes

Hmm I really like the 65% sale rate and tp cost reduction its fair since every race can use/abuse this… I’m not to against most of the changes here… but I think orc/elf should recieve a slight buff maybe revert bm/dh? :stuck_out_tongue: good job on not abbanding game though!

2 Likes
  • Scroll of speed cost increased from 50 to 70.
    70 too much, maybe better 60?

• Siege Engine experience bounty reduced from 85 to 60.
    is it cancelled? one of most useless units in wc3, should be buffed a bit

• Thunderclap AOE reduced from 300/350/400 to 300/325/350.
    then how humans can fight vs grunts+shamans or hh+taurens?

prolly the best best patch ever.

Part of rally flag bug related to green rectangle is still there

removing the sacrificial pit requirement is an okay change, but its not what the frost wyrms needed in my opinion.

look, they are one of the most expensive units in the entire game, plus they are taking a long time to build but they are so easily countered by almost everything on the battlefield (and feel somewhat laughable in some situations); stormbolt + focusfire, shackles, dryads focusfire, headhunters focusfire, hex, hippogryph riders and gargs, to some degree howl of terror. so you basically always need one more than the enemy can handle and that is not so easy to achieve. maybe I’am underrestimating them, also since timing is everything, especially for undead, but I assume the right step would be to give the frost wyrms some kind of a passive against piercing damage and/or crowd controll duration, and I’am not talking about resistance skin in particular. some sort of 10-20% damage reduction against piercing damage would be a good start.

okay so, personally I believe the circumstances of the frost wyrms, whether its requirements of the sacfircial pit or lumber and gold cost, is not what they need, I believe. they need to be changed itself, if its range, a new passive or the pure stats, I dont know, but I’am very certain that its the right approaches.

2 Likes

Hey blaST9Z, I am trying to understand what is your suggestion regarding bears. Can you copy-paste the sentence with the suggestion? Do you mean to switch Roar and Rejuvenation? That is, initiate bear gets rejuv as a first spell and adept training adds the Roar ability? Sorry, you wrote lots of text, instead of going straight to the point.

What about huntresses they are really only a viable option in a few situations early game compared to when they had a tier 3 compared to a tier 2 upgrade… Perhaps increase cost and or training time in exchange for small buff to hp or changed to light armor because the NE meta is extremely specific and predictable… Also with all the nerfs to orc what about tier 3 envenomed spears on burrow after beastiary research upgrade or even some type of war mill buff to borrows either cost training time or something because those burrows early to mid game are a joke in regards to them not getting destroyed the anti orc meta is kill the burrows not to mention placing peons inside of them regardless of outcome no matter what already damages the orc economy… What about entangle… C’mon that’s not broken? Other then that it looks like it could get interesting with resale values changing and the blade master stealing items could be the game changer and saving grace for orc… Hopefully the undead hero nuke becomes less common but now it seems frosties are even more encouraged. I completely agreed with ritual dagger as well as rod of necormancy and frost armor seems like a more reasonable choice now. The serpent ward exp thing I’m on the fence about because I can see how it shut down the early team serpant ward cheese but instead of that why not allow wisp detonate and or other spells like purge to do damage to them rather then only attacking them it would force players to make more careful choices on how to defend against them. Scroll of speed yes and no arguably best early item from shops in the game but I think it was fine given the cooldown duration.

Night Elves

• Druid of the claw starting mana increased from 100 to 125.
  • Druid of the claw now starts with Rejuvenation as initial spell. Adept training will provide Roar ability.

Sorry, I thought it was important to give a little bit of detail to share why I am suggesting this change.

2 Likes

Now that I’ve had some time to mull it over, is a 50% nerf on MG taunt really the way to START? With the double taunt (Which I agree is OP and needs changed/removed) and a 16 second cool down, MGs effectively can taunt once every 8 seconds, which has been DOUBLED now to once every 16 seconds.

With a removal of the double taunt and a decrease of Taunt’s cooldown from 16 to 12 or even 10 seconds that would be a more reasonably incremental nerf of 25%/12.5% respectively while still remaining massively strong of a nerf and reducing the strength of MGs to a much more reasonable level.

1 Like

Agree, it should be one taunt with a 10sec cooldown.

1 Like

Thank you Warcraft 3 team that you have listend to community feedback.
I think overall the balance changes are a big step in the right direction.

It would seem that you turned mountain giants back into campaign units, a nerf that affects every single elf matchup, and to mitigate this you buff something that is already powerful but only used in one matchup (mana flare) and nerf something that is sometimes used in one matchup kind of (faeries as combat units).

I do not see the logic behind this. If you nerf giants you MUST buff bears, or else elf has no lategame strength. Giants are the glue that holds together this entire race and now it will disappear. And adding 25 mana to the bear does absolutely nothing whatsoever. We need damage, we need armour.

And hey, how about looking at the Priestess of the Moon? I think the entire hero could use a rework and/or a buff. How about looking at thorns aura? It would be nice if at least one elf aura could be somewhat useful. If thorns aura wasn’t a dead spell then the keeper could be a much stronger lategame hero (compare him with the archmage for example). And lategame is where elf needs help. Currently elf has by far the weakest lategame army and after this patch that will be even more so the case.

Also can we please nerf statues already? Does anyone think it makes sense that for 200 gold at t2 undead can get a level 5 archmage?

And what about immolation? Currently, the shaman spell lightning shield does as much damage as level THREE immolation. Does this make sense? Immolation needs to have its activation cost removed, its mana drain reduced, and its damage increased.

There are so many aspects of elf that could be buffed/changed to make it more diverse and more fun and more balanced. Buffing faeries is NOT the way forward…

Edit: The more I think about it, the more I feel like an immolation buff would help elf a lot and make Demon Hunter relevant again as a first hero against human and undead by giving elf a tool to deal with fast expansions from those races.

For example: Remove the activation cost, reduce the mana cost over time slightly, increase the damage on level 2 to 20 and level 3 to 30 (so that it scales properly, 10/20/30) and increase the range of the spell slightly.

14 Likes

As an elf player myself I feel happy when I read this post. The feairy dragon buff in the Ne vs Hu mu is cool I guess, although I feel like it only comes into play in the late game since you wont add a ancient of wind until after you get your 2 lores up etc. I wonder if the buff to feairy dragons is enough to counter balance the nerf to mgs? Feels like the Feary dragon mass strat vs UD is not useful anymore and wont be seen again.
Regarding the elf auras it’s frustrating that the Kotg aura is so much worse than AM/DK, especially in todays meta where it’s all about range armys. Buffing immolation would also be cool since we would see less mana burns = more spells = cooler battles.

2 Likes

I just want to emphasis Starshaped ideas.

You cannot put our Mountain Giants on the bench and do not provide a real buff to our Bears! They cost more than aboms and knights + they they are just not sustainable enough in a fight against army with magic damage (destroyer, human casters, orc casters, …).

As suggested in my previous post, I think it would make sense to have Rejuvenation as initiate spell rather than Roar so it gives a chance to NightElf to counter rifle push or other sort of push at that specific timing. This 25 mana buff will not provide anything at all…

Also, I really like the idea to have a look into non-used NightElf spells :

• Thorns aura should for instance return damage + provide magic resistance which would be a great synergy for what is missing today on bears. (Yes, other races aura provide double buffs (DK/TC) why not NightElf aura?)

• Immolation should be 10/20/30 and also have a lower cast requirement just like Bloodmage Siphon Mana (10).

5 Likes

Exciting about a new patch coming soon! But I do hope some things gets fixed before the release or we probably just have more issues incoming.

As I see things, if these changes stick Ne will get shafted. I mean the are already the lowest earning race in prize money in reforged. And now their only valid tank unit will get nerfed + their hardest mu in Hu will get a massive buff. Human changes needs to be adressed imo. I’ts just too much pointing in the wrong direction while try to fix an issue. I think they are other ways to achieve the goal without compromising as much as you’ve done here. The collateral isn’t worth it to put it mildly.

About orc, great changes even tho they are too weak imo. Speed scroll should be at least the minimum cost of their cheapest unit so if u save/kill 1 unit its worth it. U shouldn’t be able to spam speed scrolls and make it worth it which u can when the price is so low. Wards is a good change but still think the issue with them is that they cost too low mana. They can be spammed easily and cant be dispelled so if they are placed in a good spot u will have do sacrifice a lot to get rid of them.

2 Likes

Not to mention the new HU tower repair rate is not making things easier for NE.

Hi Blizz,
nobody has problems with tanks XP. Please revert HU tower repair rate, nobody wants to play tower rush game. Cheers!