PTR 1.30.2 Updated

Here are some suggestions:

Blademaster: Nerf windwalk, perhaps by increasing mana cost to 90. Bring good old critical back

Dreadlord: Vampiric aura could give 12/24/36% melee lifesteal and 6/12/18% ranged lifesteal.

Light armor should receive 175% damage from piercing attacks, down from 200%, since archer, rifles, Headhunters/beserkers and flying machines all got buffed lately

ALL those should increase gameplay value and diversity.

2 Likes

I cannot hold it back … Some of the posts and suggestion are horrible …
They are written in bad english, without any argumentation, but with disrepect and if someone uses the word “useless” I dont want to read this user ever again…

“Hey look, developers, you are stupid, but please do this, I know better, because its my idea, it must be good, yours are useless. k thx bye.”

Everybody can have there opinions of course… but please, write them with respect and a well rounded argumention…

7 Likes

I will use word unprofitable next time. As I watched Grubby later on, he has shared some ideas. I didn’t insult or disrespect anybody though. But their changes and propositions can make someone think they’re incompetent.

Blizzard was speaking to players at Blizzcon. ToD said on stream what he has said to Blizzard. They didn’t make any changes he was hoping to be done. I really don’t want to go deep into the topic about who said what, but man, Pro tells them one thing and they do another. Pls explain me then mr. smart Monochrome, how these changes will improve balance for Human vs Elf and Undead? Elf is getting some nerf, we will see, but still there is an unfair mu for H, HvsU.

Changes will help, but as I foretold in HvH and HvO.

And I don’t want Blizzard to take my “harsh” comment to theirs hearts. I want them to take best things from all of the comments and finally do their job correctly. We all want better WC3. Don’t we?

Thank you once more.

1 Like

[Mac Bug Report]

• Press F11 in-game will still minimise the game to the top of the desktop on Mac system. (MacBook Pro, OS 10.12.6)

• In the main menu (title screen), the game title ‘Warcraft III Frozen Throne’ was not displayed correctly–it was displayed as few empty blocks.

1 Like

First of all, I wasnt aiming for someone specific.

Secondly, just because a player is called professional and is very skilled and has won tournaments, doesnt mean they are non plus ultra-right or they speak only the truth, that also doesnt mean that they are wrong, but in my opinion, what should be done lays somewhere inbetween all the users and players opinions and feedback, and blizzard is working on it, and they are listening to us, and they read our stuff, and they discuss it, they already said this plently of times, you know, plently of times they said this. So stop being impatienced, it needs time, considering the whole situation.

Thirdly, It feels like all human players are taking TH and Infi too serious, they switched races recently and human players are taking there behaviour as knockout argument against literally everything. “Yeah but TH and Infi switch races, human is unplayable now, discussion over.” You know… If TH and Infi would jump off a cliff. does that mean, every human player should do it ? Well, It seems like, some players would do so…

And again, that doesnt mean, they are wrong, there are a handfull of issues in some matchups, (espcially balancetangle and balance bomb, imo), and we and blizzard are working on it… And human players better name they the problems as concret and exact as they can, otherwise nobody will know, what the issue is.

To give an example, the Mountain Giants hardenend skin upgrade seems too strong. Even heavy T3 melee units will have a hard time breaking through 1600 HP, not to mention that its almost impossible to play air units against them, for the highest skillevel.

Hardenend Skin would also do a very good job with adapted numbers, -8 absolute damage reduction, with a minimum damage of 5, so it would not look like, its completly broken, in my opinion.

btw. for the HvsU matchup, flak cannons is tier 2 now, gyros received an insane 50 HP buff, rifler got buffed DPSwise, clap is insane now, orb of corruption got nerfed, destroyer got 50 HP less and the orb of annihilation is nerfed by 25%… so why exactly, is this MU still a problem ? Is it because Infi left against 120 in the finals ?

Honestly… I think, if human would receive a flat 200 HP buff to everything, they would still whine how weak they are, could probably be a thing of confidence.

3 Likes

play 100 games hum v ud mu, because you have no idea about the mu what works total nub levels doesnt not work on high tier , hum has much better chance of winning ud with offrace than with mainrace thats says enough and ppl need to stop posting dumb opinions without play testing in the first place, theory is useless.

I feel like achivements of Infi and TH000, were reason to nerf Human for Blizzard. These guys will switch races and they will be winning anyway, so this is not the case.

The problem with Human is, that we’re forced to play T2, because we can’t afford to play head to head 1 base t3 vs undead. It’s way to expensive. Also it’s extremly hard to beat undead with playing rifle caster, believe me.

For the start I would make human slightly less wood dependent.

Blizzard, should make milita 42-43 sec now. 5 sec is to much.
Balance is a soft topic, we can all agree on that. I can’t understand why they are making violent changes. Nerfing Humans Brillance, clap, bolt, milita. You’ve taken all tools we had. You should nerf for example brillance ONLY and watch how game goes.

Buffing elf so heavly (13 buffs on early as Grubby counted?), your aim should be (and hope it is) to make strategies to be an options and coexist. What have you done to elf is literally removing DH dry bears strategy nearly completly. Its not a choice anymore.

Flying machines buff - What does it give, when you play rifles anyway, because you simply can’t afford go t3. Maybe I am wrong but I don’t see it as helpful as you might think.

Please Blizzard, don’t make rash changes. Not all at once. Give us tools to fight on single base T3. Maybe make map pool more Human friendly. Maybe I cannot provide tones of solutions. But people here really do.

Also, entangled unit, should be able to fight, just like ensnared unit, that would help a bit. Please consider this.

3 Likes

great changes, public 1.30 is in great need of balance changes: hum currently too weak and elf too strong

could you add the race to the players list? the game starts very fast and there is not always time to see player race

thx

1 Like

Still need more nerfs for Keeper…
Most pro players and streamers are tired of this crap.

3 Likes

KotG nerf on PTR is not enough. No nerf for entangle casted on normal units is the biggest problem. With so many issues you can’t just go with -1 dmg for treants. This is not even close to fixing the overbuff. So many months passed, you got so much feedback that the game is now broken. Half of players on tournaments play NE successfully. It’s so boring to watch NE in every single pro game and even more frustrating to play against them.

Elves are allowed to do anything they want at early game. They can expand and be aggressive at the same time while still massing their overbuffed T1 units. Only thing you can do is to stay at your base and maybe creep the safest spots until T2 and pray NE won’t come with mass hunts or archers with Glaives and Ancient Protectors. This is unacceptable.

You strongly buffed KotG’s every single spell multiple times And also his stats. Some of those changes are out of touch. Like that 3 sec invul on his ultimate. Why only KotG got this? Why Farseer didn’t get invul and the same damage over half of the casting time for earthquake? Or Lich? Or PotM? And Keeper can use all his spells as much as he wants because they very chap on mana and you buffed moonwells regeneration too. I haven’t heard anywhere that moonwells were too weak. Remember that healing from moonwells is for free. It can’t be better than healing scroll or healing salve.

Let me put it this way: Before Kotg meta, Demon Hunter was considered as one of the best heroes in the game. Many claimed that he’s OP.
Because of KotG now Demon Hunter is completely gone. That’s how strong Keeper is.

In last patches you were aiming for more diversity in first hero choice. In the past for NE it was mostly Demon Hunter but also sometimes Warden. Now it’s only Keeper

My suggestion is to decrease damage or duration of entangle and increase its mana cost, remove nature’s blessing effect on treants, revert Tranquility to 1.28.

In my opinion moonwell regeneration should be reverted and Glaives damage nerfed a bit more.

4 Likes

Can I please get an answer… I currently lead a clan of over 150+ dota members… We used the bots for hosting (which I think MAY be fixed with this new patch?) and stat collection… We used to have stats transferred to a website and we could keep track of kill/death ratio as well as win/loss.

Is there ANY substitute in place for any of this? I will admit, I use a private bot and we only host for our own league games. Will my bot still work after this update or no? And if so, please tell me that there will be stat collection or something similar to replace what we currently have, otherwise DotA as you know it on Warcraft III will be completely dead. People have already moved on to private servers but I’m trying to remain faithful.

Please advise.

1 Like

Fantom You dont have a clan of 150 Dota Members.
Your clan is Filled With Dead Players and multiple accounts.
There is barely anyone active in that clan only average about
3 or 4 people online . ANd half of the garbage play on BK , and others play wc3connect. Your private bot will be shutdown after patch just like BK.

Hahaha, that’s why we have two games running right now. Keep trying Kar, either way no matter where you end up you’ll be sh*tlisted. Whether its ENT, OHS, or whatever the new dota is on reforged.

But keep fooling yourself, its okay to be in denial that no one wants or misses you. Enjoy purgatory.

1 Like

Bloodmage Siphon Mana needs a buff.
It should work on invulnerable friendly heroes like Holy Light already does.

2 Likes

I can confirm this.

The logo bug only appears on Macbooks, I can confirm these settings:
Macbook Pro 13 ˝ Early 2015, macOS 10.11.6
Macbook Pro 13 ˝ 2018 (four TB 3 Ports), macOS 10.13.6
Macbook Air 13 ˝ Mid 2013, macOS 10.12.6

On my Mac Pro and iMac everything works fine and the logo is shown correctly. This bug already exists since Patch 1.29. I contacted the support a couple of times about it, without proper outcome.

I hope both things will get fixed in a future patch.

1 Like

Hey, I know this is a little off topic but. I have a mac from a while ago probably 2012 or so, and it’s currently macOS 10.11.6 as well and I was wondering how you were able to get WC3 to run on your early 2015 mac? Whenever I attempt to open the installer I get an error message that says I need version 10.12 or later.

Thanks for your time! :slight_smile:

Yes , my laptops was Macbook Pro 13 ˝ Early 2015, macOS 10.12.6 and got this issue for a long time. Especially F1, F2, F11, F12 does not work in game properly.

1 Like

"fantom everyone knows your clan is almost dead.
And i can literally see the amount of players online your clan.
you keep saying 150 dota members, LOL. but theres barely 4 or 5 online at once in your clan. Stop trying act like your boss your not.
You had a chance, but you screwed yourself, because you couldnt trust.

After patch your trashbot wont work anymore. and nobody
wants to play dota 1 6.85 when you can just play Dota 2,
OR Real Dota (6.83d). And BK will also shutdown after next update.
And then there will only be Wc3Connect to play Dota 1."

That‘s interesting, F1, F2 and F3 to directly select one of the three heroes works fine with me, also F10 to open up the menu. But F11 and F12 don‘t work, when I want to use these keyboard keys, the OS function reacts and not the Warcraft III function.

1 Like

The most strange part is when I press F11 in game, the Warcraft III will minimise to the top of my desktop–I can see my desktop and only the bottom screen of Warcraft III on the top of my desktop, press F11 again will jump back to game.