Pressing play does not launch the game

I am playing on windows 11, it used to work but now it doesn’t. Tried that weird arcane tomfoolery of using exploit protection work around, also didn’t work. I re-downloaded the game, I’ve restarted my computer twice, and now the launcher refuses to let me play wc3. I am sick and tired of all this tomfoolery. Utterly insane that my game no longer works and I cannot play with friends because of some devastating bug I have no possible ability to fix. Utterly devastating.

1 Like

Seeing that what you’re describing is not being widely reported, it suggests an issue with your system enviromment, not a bug in the game. If it was the game, there’d be an inundation of reports.

The most common cause of what you’re describing is interference from security apps: something is blocking the game’s exe from executing. You’re going to need to investigate your antimalware apps, security settings and firewalls.

And hopefully you never lose a loved one to violence, or disease, or a drunk driver; or experience some other real life tragedy. That way, you can go on living life believing that video game problems are “utterly insane” and even worse “utterly devestating”. The rest of humanity will envy you if you manage to be that lucky.

1 Like

Generally asking for help in a calm and civilized manner will yield better results than opening the conversation with unbridled rage about something like a video game not working.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.