Pre-Ordered Warcraft 3 Reforged, Cant Access Reforged Mode

I had pre-ordered Warcraft 3 reforged before launch, did not receive any activation keys or anything like that and had not tried to play it since launch, as I had this same issue back then with no resolution. The game shows as active on my battle.net account, yet on the Battle.net app it just says Buy Now and I couldn’t download the game. After creating a support ticket, I was sent the download link for the game but I cant access the reforged mode? It says that i require Warcraft 3 reforged, which I have? Have tried all the troubleshooting I came across from searching for posts with similar issues, system specs aren’t an issue, re-installing, clearing cache etc. Its like battle.net doesn’t recognize i own the game on the back end. Support tickets went nowhere as they just told me how to access reforged mode by clicking the button (obviously XD). Any help would be appreciated because its definitely too late for a refund?

1 Like

Around the time Warcraft III: Reforged released, there were some rumors on the forum that users with particularly low-end computers were blocked from activating Reforged mode even if they had purchased it.

I am not a tech support agent, but if you want to help the official tech support agents to better serve you, I suggest posting information about your system specs (maybe a DxDiag ?) as well as information about how many PC(s) you tried to play the game on.

Thanks for the response, I’ve tried it on multiple systems of high end hardware, logging into the same battle.net account, same problem with all of them so its not system specs, its pretty much like I don’t even own the game. I checked it with a support ticket earlier and response I got was yes, I do actually own it. I suspect my pre-order somehow just didn’t go through on their servers back then, but I have no idea where to go for support, ticket support hasn’t been great so far. Ive also already tried the “cant access reforged mode” section of this page Known Technical Support Issues - Updated on Febuary 23, 2020 - #16 by Caterpepi

Hey Camul,

From what I’m able to see your Battle.net account does not actually have the license for Warcraft III: Reforged, even though you purchased the game back in 2019.

This is a pretty rare case and may have happened due to a temporary issue at that time.

Please go ahead and re-open your support ticket so we can get this fixed for your account. You should be able to view your ticket history and re-open it.

Feel free to reference this forum thread in your ticket reply and link to my post.

1 Like

Hi,

I got a response for my ticket, but Im definitely not happy with it. It looks like my pre-order ended up as a gift for another account, but I have no idea how that could possibly happen since I know I pre-ordered it for my own account? The ticket response was:

"The reason that your account doesn’t have Reforged is that the purchase everyone’s referencing was actually a gift purchase. This was sent to another account, and not one purchased on your account. So while we can confirm the order was made on your account, it was not for your account, so your account never got the license on it. "

It makes zero sense that I would gift it to some random instead of my own account, In fact I KNOW I didnt, so there must be something wrong on the back end. I dont want to have to buy the game again, this is a bit frustrating honestly.

If that’s the case, you should reply back ( IN A CIVIL MANNER ) and try to convince them to do the right thing and grant it to your account.

Annoyingly, due to the no-questions-asked refunds generally offered for this game, it never gets discounted in sales to prevent abuse.

It’s possible you accidently clicked the Gift button instead of the Buy Now button; they are right next to each other.

But, that makes you desginate a recipient on your friends list. So is possible you selected an alternate account of your own?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.