Possible changes to UD in future patches

Just throwing out some thoughts, Blizzard, will you consider changing DK coil and making it able to heal friendly units/hero regardless of race (i.e. that i can use my Coil to heal my naga or even firelord as UD)? This will open up UD with variety of options in terms of strategy and unit combo and may in fact cure the weakness of UD being difficult to expand.

As we all know, all 3 other races have effective means of instant healing for their units and heros

1. paladin holy light
  2. shadow hunter heal
  3. NE rejuvenation and moonwells

But for UD, if your hero is not an UD unit, you can only basically count on your health potion, this, i believe is one of the major reasons why UD always have a DK start and be confined into very limited strategy/unit combo.

Further, with more options in the choice of hero, hero nuking may no longer be UD’s primary focus.

that would be throwing out racial identity as if it didn’t mean anything.

what’s up with you new forum people wanting everything centered around DK lol, the race has been begging for less of a one dimensional design centered around one hero and 3 different units for like over a decade.

i didn’t know that there was a “weakness” with ud expanding…like on certain maps (echo isles, plunder isle), ud have the easiest expansions with DL openings…and it’s standard…

it’s almost like you’re implying that undead has healing issues…and they have the best combat healing in the entire game.

DK aura, statues (best healers in game due to unit type and heal effect), death coil.

no race comes close to that…maybe orc if they use their easy to dispel healing wards? human maybe? lol

1 Like

Wasn’t a Sacrificial Skull rework in the talking?

If I were a Genie, I would give you the opportunity to heal, but took the opportunity to cause damage. Hehehe

Death knight needs a complete rework since the UD race is entirely formed around the DK’s healing.

Shift a good part of the army healing potential from the DK into the baseline Undead race, so that other heroes can be a more viable option as a first hero instead of just DK.

i think u have just mentioned the issue yourself, DL expo. U cannot go DK expo, lich expo and barely CL expo cause there is little protection and limited follow up other than mirror

if they did anything at all the only thing i can think they might do is add in canniniblize to work like it does in wow so you have a heal but only off of freshly dead enemey units