Pointless to play as an average player?

This is probably just gonna sound som random rant from a noob, but I don’t care. I’m so fed up right now…

I used to really love everything that had to do with warcraft. I was in a WoW guild that had a lot of server firsts up to WotLK heroic back in the days. But it was wc2 and then wc3 that really sparked my interest. Back then I would consider myself way above average.

Nowadays, I consider myself an average player at best. I have a family and work that takes a lot of time, so I don’t really have time to study the game as much as I want. Nor do I have time to really practice my skills anymore. But ever since reforged was released I sometimes want to just relax and chill with some versus games (usually FFA)

The problem? I guess lack of match-making or lack of players like me… I just keep getting my butt kicked again and again by more skilled players. As it is now I think I have a win/loose ratio of 1/15 - 1/20. If I win it’s more often than not when I get matched against players who play like they installed the game 1h earlier (and I suppose they also get a rough awakening that might scare them away forever if they get matched against the same players as me)

Does any form of match making even exist? Or where can I find players that are on the same skill level as I am? I know I can’t win 'em all, but when I wanna chill with some versus games I just want to feel like something else than a punching bag once in a while…

rant over.

3 Likes

Dats why I play 3-3 mostly. But there are 2 big other problems: ping and leavers. Really hope blizz considers fixing matchmaking at least… Good luck to you!

There is, but all match making is predicated on population. First, WC3 is an old game resulting in a smaller population. And most of who’s still around are the devoted, loyal fans from back in the day who have been playing a long time. Second, due to how poorly Reforged was done, many of those have left Battlenet and play on 3rd party service, thereby reducing the population even more.