Please go live

rush it? no, bad idea. increase the team in order to get it done sooner? maybe that is wise. here is the thing: the code of the game is ancient and built in java(according to øyvind thoresen). it is not neccesarily easy to find people that understands the code. increasing the number of developers involves educating them first and that takes time.

1 Like

hey remember the last time they rushed a release with war3? please think before posting

1 Like

Who is thoresen?? This game is not written in Java! No way! You are wrong!

yeah I’m like 99% sure war3 is not built in java

1 Like

no wtf don’t rush the patch especially when there’s still LOTS to be fixed

2 Likes

Warsmash was made in Java, Warcraft 3 was made in C++

4 Likes

if you think a two year job on a patch that was supposed to be included in the game’s rerelease still being unfinished is “rushing” then you have some serious issues.

if you think a good way for blizz to show players they care is by releasing a patch that breaks a lot of functionality then you have some serious issues

yea keep making excuses loser, 3 years just to release player profiles…

and you want to break the 1.5 year silence with a bugfest update

real big brain stuff

1 Like

I got a refund for reforged because the game was released so unfinished. It’s pretty sad that reforged is pretty much a downgrade in almost every way, even the modern skin is less playable than keeping it classic. I would love to buy this game, and have high hopes this patch is a comeback for wc3. Looking forward to the extended zoom out, and hopefully more to come. Hell, I’d buy additional skins or whatever micro-transaction content they produce. The game is awesome, unleash it!

Looks like they started bringing the game back to its former glory, but even if they take too long, there’s still better chances that Microsoft will do it in June 2023.

1 Like

This patch wasn’t in production for years. It was in production for a short time, then the dev team was fired over a year ago, until just recently people are working on it again.

Microsoft doesn’t give a care about the particulars of the business, they’re buying it to own it. They might shake up upper managmeent but not individual studio’s projects.