Please give UD more strategies that can actually win

Undead has no staffs, no clarities or potions (the one we have suck), the unit upgrades are useless, no building upgrades (the only race without building upgrades…), lowest mana regen, WORST casters (basically unused except banshee), and hardest/most expensive race to pull up an expo.

Yet Blizzard you give Human free sundering blades on top of their stacked armor + a staff that reheals the units? wtf… People complain of the UD nuking ability but MK, Paly, BM banish or lets say Panda breath of fire tri hero nuke is much stronger against UD than the UD nuke against human…

NE gets moon wells, MGs, staff, clarities, etc… They can literally expo twice while keeping the same unit count as the other player and tech at the same time. UD relies entirely on their mana and DH just totally strips this away (EVER CONSIDER LOWERING DH MANA BURN???) So many of the game problems can be easily solved…

Honestly dont even want to complain about orc they dont deserve it.

Oh but UD gets blight and “we can nuke your heros” - Yea that is literally basically our only strategy to win… All of you wonder why Happy’s micro is so good he is constantly “running up hill.” He is the only defense against plebes complaining UD is too powerful a race.

Fix Undead and the races. Add clan, stats and ladder functions you promised us. To the 3 interns running this game maybe you should just quit or go on strike - if not know you work for possibly the worst released game in video game history (what a great look for your resume). To the chance any Blizzard employee actually looks at this you have almost broken this game entirely and have turned the whole community against you.

Thank GOD for W3Champions

2 Likes

I agree with your statements.
I think the biggest problem is the UD relies on the Crypt Fiends in the beginning of the game. Basically before you train Wyrms or Abominations. The Fiends have medium armor.
Either make the Ghouls stronger (same HP as the Footmen) or make another early melee unit for UD.

I guess UD needs a HP restore potion, like Orc and Human. NE has the Mool Wells. Undead has nothing to heal before researching Tier 2.

The Heroes are the only strong point in the early parts of the game. DK should be stronger. I remember he used to have 4 armor. He has 3. Therefore he should have 4 armor again.

And I think the Graveyard should have reduced building time.
For Orc, I think the Burrows should be built faster, and the bats should be nerfed.

The Problem is that the only reliable hero for UD on 1vs1 is DK, Maybe DL against NE. But otherwise UD is pretty much out of options. You should checkout how Happy plays his 1vs1 against Human, Orc and NE. Happy is one of the best players ever and main UD.

I agree with you.
DK is good because it is can heal and has the Death Coil, and the Death Pact, which can be used on summoned skeletons, too.
DL is strong, but as 2nd hero, because it can be killed quickly.
CL is strong with its beetles but it can be surrounded.
Lich is a perfect 2nd hero, because of its stong icy spells.

Happy is really the only UD who can convincingly win UD v HU vs top-level humans and that’s because he is scary vs HU fast expand because of his micro.

Late game, he wins because of micro. He doesn’t commit banshees in suicidally until after he has killed off mortar teams/anti-casters on the human side.

Undead just has worse units that require a lot more micro to be useful. Excluding heroes of course. People want to whine about DK + Lich, but every race’s heroes are really good.