Online and Custom Game Lag

Does anyone have any hints/tips for improving performance? I have a laptop that meets all the minimum spec and more, however when I play a custom game (online or local) or online I have a frustrating freeze every 3/4 seconds. I’ve checked the fps and its not dropping at all

I’ve tried all of the nativefullscr and opengl hints I could find online. any help appreciated as this is stopping me playing the game online as its impossible to micro. campaign is fine

Hey there,

These sporadic stutters / freezes are typically caused by a third-party program. Try closing any potentially conflicting programs/applications by disabling startup items with the steps below. Before trying the steps below, please close unnecessary programs and restart your computer:

1. Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
  2. Click More Details in the bottom-left.
  3. Select the Startup tab.
  4. Right-click on each item listed and select Disable. Make sure all are “Disabled”.
  5. Restart the computer.

If the issue is resolved after restarting your system, you can enable each startup application one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem. You will need to restart between each application you enable.

Note: To re-enable startup applications, follow steps 1-4 and select Enable.

If the problem persists after restart, let’s go ahead and have you post a ‘DxDiag’ so we can further investigate the problem. Here are the instructions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

unfortunately that never fixed it, dxdiag is to big to post

[------------------System Information------------------ Time of this r - Pastebin.com](https://pastebin.com/VnbVHafw)

Deathbringer - Thank you for giving those steps a try! Reviewing the DxDiag, your Nvidia graphics driver is a few months outdated. Be sure to download and install the latest version for your GPU.

It also looks like you’ve got a ‘DisplayLink USB Device’ connected. If you disconnect this device, does the freezing continue to occur? The drivers that these devices use can sometimes create a conflict with Windows or the game you’re playing.

On a separate note, many problems related to your installation of Windows can be resolved by creating a new administrator account, logging into it, and testing the game on the new administrator account. To create a new admin account, follow the instructions here.

If the freezes do not occur on the new administrator account, it means that the old account is broken or corrupted in some way. This is somewhat common, and the easiest fix is to move any user-specific files that you wish to keep from the old user account to the new admin account. You can also work with Microsoft’s Support to troubleshoot the problem with the old account if preferred.

I hope this helps!