OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT now. Everyone Come read! :D :)

Idk what i have done wrong but i cant see anyone in the public test realm. Can you maybe help me fix that, and are you sure there are somebody playing that test realm right now? There is nothing in the searching list for games btw

OMG it worked, I’m playing old Warcraft 3!

because nobody plays that crap lol…

First of all, not true. Second of all, what exactly do you get out of being such an edgelord about a topic that you clearly don’t care about at all.
Here…here’s the attention you were looking for. Satisfied?

What’s the difference between the beta campaigns and the reforged classic?
You can click on classic in reforged and it has the old style for classic wc3.

Is this still working ?
I was looking for WC3 TFT with working world editor but everywhere I download from is same thing over and over again… the game works but the world editor does not want to start … I hope this one works and is not the new Deforged one …

Reinold youre not getting it. Reforged writes to your registry so you cant use non Reforged editor anymore. You can even run from CD from 2002 and editor does not work if you have used Reforged editor.

You can fix it by nuking the WorldEdit folder in regedit. (Notice: Use “regedit” at your own peril, I am not responsible for any damage you do to your registry)

2 Likes

I found that if you search the goog for 1.31.1 backup files there may be what you want. It will overwrite your keys though if you’re not careful. I’m not the one who posted the files, I was just lucky enough to unbork my w3c I’ve had since the days of CDs. I’m an old timer who started with WC2 and miss the days of physical media when you always had your ability to reinstall and didn’t have to sign your rights away to use the product you paid to license. Money was the only cost back then.

Just be careful which part of the mpq you overwrite :wink:

What is the player base number in PTR? Are there actual Dota games up and running etc or is it a ghosttown?

I found solution to my problem… I deleted the Battlenet app after ofc deleting WC3 that I downloadet with the app… and when I mean deleting I mean everything … like the files in Documents, the ones in Program Files and Program Files 84, the from appData in Local and Roaming… then restarted my computer and when I installed the old version of the game the editor was working … It is true i’m playing 1.24d but that’s enough for me.
Btw my pc is old and when i tried the PTR version was working but was lagging so hard that I coudnt play it… maybe I’ll get better pc and will try then.

It seems better than reforged but know one is in here onther than 1v1 :frowning:

This is legit and even works in 1vs1 but we need to test custom maps to see if this is working and there is about zero players there

I have played a few custom maps in PTR. It 100% works and it was one of the best experiences ever, it was like the good old days back again.

I actually have 60-90 ping there, where in reforged my ping is 180-500

1 Like

I tried downloading and running the PTR, but it keeps telling me to relaunch the installer to update, when I try log in with my Reforged credentials. Can anyone help?

Don’t boot it through the Launcher. Just the Warcraft 3 EXE

indeed ping is better here

Even if I run the Warcraft 3 exe instead of the launcher, it does the same thing. It asks for my Reforged credentials, I try log in, then it asks me to run the installer again “for an update” in an endless loop.

Sadly, Support isn’t allowed/able to help me with this and directed me here for help. I can’t fault them for that though, they’re just doing what the higher ups tell them to.

EDIT: And yes, I’ve uninstalled and re-installed the whole thing twice now, same result. Tried the Warcraft 3.exe in both the x86 and x86_64 folders in the Public Test Realm directory. Using Windows 10.

Hmm… That’s really weird. I downloaded the PTR fresh, and I get an EXE called “Warcraft III Public Test Launcher” with a pic of Thrall next to it. It just launches the game, no issues.