OMG! I can go back to Classic TFT now. Everyone Come read! :D :)

they need your original warcraft 3 cd key. just enter that and you can play.

My old CD key of my disc is invalid :frowning:

2 Likes

they ask for the reign of chaos cd key, not the tft one right?

I got it working.

great! now u can play online too

Hey guys, the PTR builds of Warcraft 3 don’t support LAN functionality.

So if you plan on playing using a VPN or pvpgn service with friends you’ll have to get your hands on an older client.

Here’s the thread if you want to get the classic client: For those who want to play Classic Warcraft 3

2 Likes

How do I make sure it won’t ask for a CD Key again?

I just came back into it. cd key is only for installing and start the game. I dont think u still need to enter that after install it.

Can confirm this works.
The PTR Battle net server is still up too, if you have/enter valid classic keys.

I wonder how long it’ll remain up.

https:// i.imgur.‌com/tyIKbIf.jpg

4 Likes

Because prior to Warcraft 3 Reforged’s release. When I launch the game at its latest version, sometimes it would ask for my CD Key again or my Battlenet account.

Since I pre-ordered Reforged. I just verify my Reforged Pre-Order. But then sometimes that CD Key/Reforged prompt came back.

yeah i just tried this, i only had the digital versions of the game and the cd key still worked as long as you dl the ptr one

that sounds some type of error, u should ask battle.net support for this issue. my roc and tft cd with cd keys are always in the draw of my desk for this about 18 years already lol. :smiley:

Have you launched your Battlenet Client to play Hearthstone or Overwatch while this Public Test version of Warcraft 3 is installed?

I won’t cause the game to update?

It works. And it feels like home!

If Blizzard closes the ptr server, someone could run an own server where we all could connect with classic. Maybe just some IP address changes in a wc3 file is needed.
I will be the first one who donates some money for this project.

5 Likes

I guess I’ll see ya on reforged after they patch it.

1 Like

It works!!

4 Likes

i am not sure, i dont play Hearthstone or Overwatch.

Wow, I can also confirm this works. Here is the ACTUAL download link. It took me a while to find it: Downloads – Blizzard Entertainment

2 Likes

Can you also play RoC Online?

1 Like

PTR server is gonna get crushed lol

2 Likes