Ok Jokes over

I know someone that made a game way better than reforged.
It’s called Blizzard. they made a game called Warcraft 3, that basically is the same as Reforged, but without bugs, with a smooth interface, lots of features, no disconnections and a well packed style graphics.
I know graphic looks like 15 years old, but on the other side the game is fully playable and customizable.
I guess if they can make a mod of reforged now, removing all the **** and make it more like the one they were going to do… mah… maybe one day…

3 Likes

The only people that could realistically do that though is Blizzard.

But Blizzard’s been dead for a while now. It’s just Activision using the Blizzard name these days.

1 Like

Activision seems to be doing fine keeping their customers happy with CoD, sad that Blizzard is the weak link in the relationship these days.

1 Like

It’s keeping simpletons with no frakking standards happy, you mean.

2 Likes

What I didn’t get is the post of the A* youtube video. As far as I remember the game uses a double A*, but I may be wrong, but, anyway, I don’t get it. Are you saying it is complicated to implement a pathing algorithm? Or is it easy? oO

Ironically, if you read Activision-Blizzard’s 10-K, Candy Crush (which neither Activision nor Blizzard originally developed) is probably the most valuable division of all.

RIP the game industry

And it’s the simpletons (and investors) who are unironically to blame.

I wish that was sarcasm, but it isn’t.

1 Like

There will always be studios that value creating true masterpieces over money grabs.

It is sad that Blizzard Entertainment is no longer among them.

1 Like

Especially since I’m more into franchise loyalty than genre loyalty. Mostly because I am not a genre player. I’m extremely picky about what games I buy.

My two normal criteria are as follows:

1.) Does it look fun?

2.) Is it set in a universe that interests me?

But, in recent times, I’ve had to amend that with a third criteria:

3.) Does it have online DRM of any kind?

If it has Number 3, it’s a no buy even if it passes the first two. Sadly, with Blizzard’s new operating tactics, even if their games were good they’re working toward them all being guilty of Number 3, so nope.

In fact Number 3 is a huge reason why I refunded my Warcraft 3 Reforged pre-purchase.

I am similar though I have been forced to yield a bit #3. Blizzard’s DRM system is particularly annoying.

Franchise/brands loyalty is one of the most valuable assets a company can possess, which is why their position towards the Warcraft community is so mind boggling.

The core franchise that birthed Blizzard and brought you World of Warcraft & Hearthstone, which sustains this company to this day… why would you treat your fanbase like this?

It doesn’t make sense under any circumstance. There is something seriously wrong at Blizzard.

1 Like

I feel your pain, brother/sister/whichever. It’s an incredibly disheartening turn of events happening at Irvine.

As far as yielding, though… don’t. Not for anything except oncoming traffic. You yield, these consumer-unfriendly business practices win. They cannot be allowed to win.

2 Likes

The Graphics being nice doesn’t make them functional, the format they chose is the very reason it has this many issues and need for optimization and horrible framerate issues.

You don’t run extremely highpoly and detailed models on a 18 year old engine and expect it to be good.

The only argument left over the visual overhaul from the people standing in opposition to it is objective functionality.

Reforged models and graphics are functionally damaging for the game. a more humble and simplistic visual overhaul would have gone a long way to reduce the time, effort and budget spent on it and channel it to deliver a functional product instead.

And do you guys think Reforged actually looks good on its own ? not a chance. its going to look dated in a year or 2 and realistic visuals age worse. the whole reason people like me suggested it would have been best to stick with a more humble visual overhaul was because it would keep visual integrity with Classic maps. and it would be functionally less demanding for the engine.

We can still have clean and crisp new models that look far better then the original counterparts without harming the core game…

Does anyone have any idea how many thousands of existing maps are simply visually incompatible with Reforged because of the radically changed models and issues with the art and how models are even angled somtimes ? its absurd.

As a fan of the vanilla game i deserved a smoother transition and a more faithful and humble visual overhaul because it ultimately functionally supported the game better and allowed some of the best works of the community to cross over and fare just fine.

Instead we get a load of sheet, and a load of people actively encouraging the community to split up and divide because of their bias or lack of care. telling others to JUST PLAY ON CLASSIC if you don’t like it. as if we didn’t deserve a more faithful remaster. and we instead deserved something that looks like an asian inspired mobile game that they HAPPEN to like.

How would you feel if someone took your favorite game, like Mario. and make a live action realistic graphics version of it with realistic human body sizes and remaster an existing mario game and tell, here. this all you get.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h1jQWmqAo4VFCeu2dkRt2ndr0_5rOHRP/view?usp=sharing

I don’t understand peoples obsession over defending or not caring for the new visuals.

First of all, the people who don’t really care about RF visuals should stay clear from discussing in posts that are created for the soul reason of discussing the visuals.

I’m getting sick of people chiming in saying how they don’t care about it and how they think other features and functions are more important. not because i disrespect their opinion, but because they disrespect the opinion of people that want to focus on visual feedback by disregarding their presented issue and redirecting it to something they feel like it should have a more spotlight.

And as for people in opposition to the new visuals, arguing over preferences for the visual overhaul is going to get you nowhere besides a wall of people disregarding you. the advantage we happen to have as a little luck, is objectivity and functionality.

There is no one in this entire community who can argue with me on if a more simplistic and faithful visual overhaul would be more damaging then astronomic levels of damage the game and the community suffered for the decision as to where to take the new visuals and how to execute upon it with overpromising grand things.

2 Likes

4.) Is there any Diamonds/Gems/Golds Currency?

They didn’t even enable an abilit to make icons look like passive icons, or enable a way to make events that trigger on succesful normal attack (through the editor) and you think they will overhaul graphics?

Bet you believe the official 9/11 theory on wikipedia as well.

The new models are the only thing that IS good about Reforged. I don’t see much room for improvement in that department. I don’t think they need to waste any resources for re-doing models that already look good.
There are plenty of other things to work on, and models should not even be in the “to do list”.

If they were so thrilled about the game and community why would you outsource basically the entire game?that’s just the dumbest thing I’ve seen

1 Like