Ok Jokes over

Alright Blizzard, haha you had your fun. Now when are we getting a major graphical overhaul for this game? Have you guys checked twitch lately? Arnt you guys embarrassed that literally everyone is using the old graphics?

The new graphics suck and need to be completely redone. I said this back in beta. No one looking to play this game semi seriously uses the new graphics. Spectating games with the new graphics is also a nightmare.

Anyways, I’ll rebuy the game when is actually looks good and is worth the money.

13 Likes

The graphics is good to me. The problem is the missing features…

12 Likes

Just because somthing is good for you, doesnt mean it’s good. Please understand that. Grubby said it best a long while ago. The new graphics should play better than the old. But they dont, and it’s not even close. Using them in multiplayer puts you at a significant disadvantage. Blizzard even admitted themselves that the graphics were bad for identifying units in combat… you know… the entire point of this game.

12 Likes

I’m going to have to concur. The graphics…suck. Point blank period. It looks like some crappy mobile game.

10 Likes

They can’t add profiles, and you dream about graphical overhaul. This joke is even funnier tbh.

4 Likes

“The joke” ends if you rewrite your own better game like all the forums trolls say should theoretically be possible, right?

Just do it. Yes you can. Nothing is impossible.

Grubby said…Well OK, and I say graphics look really nice, I enjoy them and I already got used to identifying everything

5 Likes

ääääh…no?

I enjoy new models and updated graphics. Ofc it’s not perfect, but it’s pretty nice. I just think some postprocessing and smoothing is missing, and probably some terrain polishing.

6 Likes

they should have just sticked to HOTS style. its way better, and its closer to the cartoonish original style that wc3 is using.

5 Likes

No no; the graphics suck don’t get it twisted this is 2020 and what we were given was abysmal at best.

1 Like

Ohh I know they wont, but ima just keep making posting about it cause it still pisses me off.

1 Like

Graphics are fine, now if there was some actual innovation and improve the editor a bit, that would be swell.

4 Likes

Honestly, i could care less about the graphics. I would’ve gladly paid $40 For an iteration that had the same graphics but was equipped with SC2 LOTV features:
Leagues
Ladder
In depth player profiles
Multiplayer training missions (to attract newer players)
Revamped campaign
Co-op mode
Achievements

WC3 hasn’t sustained its player base over 19 years because it was a graphical breakthrough. People fell in love with it’s unique RTS mechanics, and secondly the captivating lore/campaign.

3 Likes

Well duh all that stuff would be great if they added. But this post is about the graphics. Which was one of the biggest draws of this game which they miserably failed on.

The graphics aren’t the problem for me. I actually quite like the graphics, though I agree performance optimization should have been a thing.

For me the problems are as follows:

1.) It’s completely replaced Classic Warcraft 3

2.) It’s missing features Classic Warcraft 3 had

3.) It’s missing content that Classic Warcraft 3 had because of modern SJW B.S.

4.) It’s DRM’d to high hell via its tethering to the Battle.net service, thus building an expiration date into the program we paid for

So, yeah. Not a lot of reason to have this thing in my library. If you can get your hands on an old copy of pre-1.32 Warcraft 3, do it (and block it from the Internet with your firewall so it doesn’t ask you to update to 1.32), because that’ll be more worth your time than this piece of crap.

2 Likes

Come on man, this again? “Don’t criticize something unless you can make it yourself”? It’s not a valid argument.

Also, do you really believe that Reforged is fine? That the criticism is unfounded?

4 Likes

I agree, it’s not a valid argument. That said, art is subjective. There are those of us who like the new graphics and there are those who do not.

What’s NOT subjective is that Warcraft 3 Reforged entirely dropped the ball by being a completely incomplete release and they’re not even close to fixing the damn thing.

1 Like

I think, aesthetically, the graphics are ok-good.

The problem is that

(1), apparently, nobody at the studio they outsourced this work to told them the models would be used for an RTS game, and so there are other concerns than just making things look pretty. Noting that literally nobody on twitch/youtube uses the reforged graphics when playing, this is proof that Blizz failed on the graphics, for whatever reason you want to ascribe.
(2) Graphics are LITERALLY the one reason you would purchase this game. There are no new features introduced in reforged worthy of note, and many old features are missing (ladder, stats, profiles, custom campaigns, etc)
3.) Blizzard has not addressed any substantial concerns or responded to the community in any meaningful way in the 6 months this game has been out.

There is so much wrong with this game it seems Blizzard has abandoned it. Customers will remember this as a warning for future releases.

4 Likes

This fiasco has led me to decide never to support Blizzard financially again until they fix what they broke. I don’t actually expect them to fix anything though; this is Activision, after all, not Blizzard.

1 Like