Official Classic RoC+TFT download links

Some people were apparently looking for these. Without the 30 GB of ransomware. All credits go to Sorsha for pointing it out in another thread, but I thought it deserved a thread for itself. Get them, while they’re still available. Knowing Blizzard of the Present, they probably won’t be for long.

The installers are the standard ~2GB, roughly. There shouldn’t be any hitches from what I can tell. I got a couple of error messages about scripts, but I just clicked “No” to running the scripts and the downloads then proceeded as planned.

The installations seem to be as once was, from what I can tell. Anyways, enjoy:
https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=WAR3&locale=enUS&os=WIN
https://us.battle.net/download/getLegacy?product=W3XP&locale=enUS&os=WIN

6 Likes

Warcraft III is not ransomware and neither does it contain any. Please try not spread misinformation.

A more correct term would be “bloatware”.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bloat

In theory Warcraft III 1.32.1 is bloatware if you own Classic and have no need to use the HD mode of World Editor.

3 Likes

I find just grabbing the PTR installer from the main download site is simpler seeing it contains both RoC and TFT together. The multiplayer is even still online (for how long, who knows). Plus, its already fully patched up to just before Reforged, ready to go.

If you’re going to use a term, please apply it appropriately. The Reforged update is not ‘ransomware’ it’s simply an update. Ransomware holds your computer to ransom, hence the name, until you do something that the person who put the ransomware on your machine wants you to do.

At no point has Blizzard held your computer to ransom unless you install the reforged update.

Finally, just as a bit of an update. If you want to connect to any online play at all, those installers won’t help you, because the moment you try to connect to the online servers, you’ll be required to download the 30gb update. Currently, the only version of old Warcraft 3 that allows you to connect to online servers is on the PTR, and that probably won’t be around for much longer (PTR updates don’t stay around forever and eventually that will be replaced with the next content patch for Reforged), meaning the folks currently using that will eventually be disconnected from online servers and they’ll be right back where they started, needing to download the 30gb update.

1 Like

No, not really! There are many other threads with the same exact things on how to download Classic ROC+TFT.

It’s like this videos on facebook and youtube “see this video before it gets down by the government !!”

So you didn’t even installed, but you are trying hard to explain to others how the download and installation works. Got it …

Anyway, thanks for the links! They were hidden until you posted them here.

Having a backup of those files would never hurt.

Despite EA games amazing support to Command and Conquer multiplayer. the community built their own multiplayer re-enabler fixes. I am sure 3rd party solutions will be there soon. (I remember playing Dota over 3rd party software, so it already exists).

Sorry but theority is more like PUP or a trojan virus, because they delete all warcraft III files from ur HDD or SDD

Yes the installer will delete all old files from your PC. One wants this to happen as otherwise the files would sit around wasting storage space. It is bad enough it uses 30GB, last thing one wants is it to use 35GB because it does not get rid of out of date program files and data.

My original WCIII client is still sitting in the folder and reforged didn’t touch it at all…maybe because it’s back at 1.26, but it’s still there and working.

It’s not rocket science, people. If you want to make use of the links, do so. If not, don’t.

And to anyone who feel discomforted by my use of the term “ransomware”:

Take your grievances to an adult. I’m sure you’ll get all the comfort in the world, if you point on a doll, where the bad man on the forum hurt you.

And as for you:

I can only refer to the first time I myself saw it and give credit to that.

Uhmmm… whatever you say.

Exactly where did I claim I didn’t install it? I said the installations seemed like what once was. You would go a long way with being regarded as sensible, if you ditched the habit of inventing what others say free-style.

1 Like

I just wanted to give mac and windows users a download to the origional blizzard official installers that were not ptr or involve them sailing the 7 seas. As far as the script errors go . They are the same errors you get when downloading diablo 2. I think it links to the old news / battle net info before we had the new client.

Pretty sure these links will still send you to a version of the game that’ll pester you to update to 1.32 every time you launch it.

Yeah but if you want custom campaigns it’s one of the only version other then ptr you can get legally without having to find other downloads . Also it’s the only links for legit mac copies that still run on modern macs without having to use sheep shaver or vmac and updating using old 32 bit patches to the 64 bit one then copying the files off the vm . Less hoops

It’s not just bloatware. It effectively deletes (steals) the game we purchased years ago, the box for which I’m looking at right now, that lists a 700MB HD space requirement. Forcing someone to purchase a device with 40x the storage needs originally stated could be a form of ransomware. Its such a simple fix; make this downgrade optional.

RoC didn’t. I haven’t tried TFT yet.