nVidia 3D Vision not working with Warcraft 3 Reforged

I can turn 3D on for 3D Vision but the mouse pointer dissapears in game. The game itself is not in stereoscopic and the portraits don’t show up. Blizzard was the reason I purchased 3D Vision and I understand that it is no longer supported by nVidia but a lot of us are still playing Blizzard games this way. I built a computer just to keep it on the last nVidia drivers that supported it just to play all the Blizzard games in 3D. Prior to Reforged you supported all of them. Now Blizzard removed stereoscopic support from Reforged and World of Warcraft. Blizzard you were such a great supporter of stereoscopic gaming and you would think Reforged would support it since it is an older game reskinned. Because of this I prefer to play the original Warcraft 3 over Reforged. Any chance you can test this and release a fix? If not all we can hope is that Helix fixes it and can do it without Blizzard banning.

1 Like

Hi, just managed to turn on 3D Vision in Warcraft 3 Reforged. The issue seems to be that Reforged supports on PC just DX11 while keeping the same name of the .exe file. 3D vision wrapper expects from old Warcraft obviously a DX9 interface.

Helix Mod support gives a detailed guide how to assign .exe files to other working profiles with the tool Nvidia Inspector: go on Helix webside to " [How to get compatibility mode/Depth Buffer/Fake 3D to work with nearly all DX11 titles]"

Knowing that DOTA 2 bases on Warcraft engine I removed in Nvidia Inspector Warcraft III.exe from Warcraft 3 profile and added it to the DOTA 2 profile following that guide. After starting Warcraft 3 Reforged 3D Vision believes now to work with DOTA 2 - but at the end it runs in 3D Vision if you jump into the game. Hope that helps you and other few remaining 3D vision enthuisasts :wink: