No news for 6 months has turned us into beasts

200 replies of argument you would both be better suited putting some flour and water into a jug and starting your own sourdough starter give it a name too then make the best bread youve ever had

all best

ababmer

Meh, i didnt report you back than , i prefer raw fight.
All my accounts has been banned until 3019. And i dont care honestly.

Its just so boring with no news, pointless to participate in forums.
The most sad part is when silence come , and this company with this project menaged to make a person like me become phlegmatic about it at the end.

Yea blizz , i dont give a fock for Reforged or your silly game.
Screw you biotches, nonone gives a fock about your remaster

Wish everyone of you a goodluck, bye bye

1 Like

He’s got a point there I must admit, no news make the people lose all interest in the game, and faith in that the game will actually go out…

1 Like

Now you’ve made me curious. What are your opinions of most of the regulars on these forums (Me especially). I’m interested in hearing what you think of the people here.

I either agree or disagree, just depends on comments that are made but KingOmelette is a die hard Blizzard defender unlike anyone else on the forums, I have no personal feelings about any other ‘regular’ users that sometimes we agree with each other or disagree

Except for when I’m not defending Blizzard, like for the current state of balance where it sounds like Night Elf and Undead still need more tweaking.

Or, yet again, that one post I have critiquing many things across their various franchises. I can even link it again for reference’s sake because apparently it still somehow doesn’t count because you’re still trying to push this claim (for some reason that I know is just because of your personal dislike of me) that I think Blizzard can do no wrong.

So can you please instead of puting this link show your reply to that please do not change original lore topic that completely ignores Warcaft III lore fans suggestion of keeping the games lore without retcons and calling them: You have missed the train WoW lore is the real lore there is no such thing as Wc III lore etc. You are saying things about various franchises of Blizzard but when it comes to Reforged you are eating what they bake and you are trying to give the game the lore of WoW which you say that you dislike.

I mean, no? Yes? Maybe? I’m using it as an example of me not being a “die hard Blizzard defender” because that was the original point you were trying to make.

World of Warcraft lore isn’t the “real” lore. It currently is just the biggest platform (aside from book releases, I guess) for Blizzard to tell/share/develop Warcraft lore. There is such a thing as Warcraft 3 lore. It, and the previous two RTS games, were the building blocks for everything else today. I don’t know what point you’re trying to make here besides deliberately misconstruing concepts to try and paint me as a villain.

I am not trying to give the game anything because I am not developing the game. Again, I think you’re over-estimating how much influence one person with no platform posting on the forums has over a development team.

I’ve just been pointing out that the context for Blizzard and adding additional writing for the Reforged campaign is looking at the Warcraft series as a whole and making an effort to iron out/smooth out any bumps in the road. That’s why they released those novelizations of Warcraft 2 in 2007 and 2008 (Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal respectively). The Arthas: Rise of the Lich King novel in 2007. It’s why they’ve been making, much more recently, those Chronicle books that are basically lore bibles and compendiums of the history of the setting and universe. Warcraft is a 25 year old series and not everything has been terribly consistent even between the old/original games. That’s why they revisit things in various forms of media.

And the whole topic and one ton of topics you have posted was about people that still plays the game since 2002 saying this: Please,do not add retcons like the examples you have given, why are we late to the train and how is it not defending Blizzard?

The Warcraft series has been an ongoing thing since 1994. Warcraft 3 happened initially in 2002 and then the expansion came along in 2003. Since 2003, a lot has happened for the franchise:
24 novels, an MMORPG with 7 expansions, 9 comics, 13 manga, animated shorts on their YouTube channel, other publications on their website (short stories, webcomics), and even two radio plays.

I’m excluding the movie and related tie-in stuff (a comic, a prequel novel, and the novelization of the movie itself) because that’s not mainline Warcraft canon. Other stuff excluded are the spinoff games (Hearthstone and the 2006 - 2013 TCG) and board games.

I’m not going to add any qualifications for what is or isn’t a “real” Warcraft fan, but choosing to sweep all that under the rug for the sake of outrage I do genuinely think comes from a place of willful ignorance. I think it’s disingenuous to think that Blizzard can’t revisit and tweak their own lore. Have they gone a bit far with some stuff? Yes. Is my guess that they’ll really take that big of a meat cleaver to the Third War era lore that it’ll be impossible to recognize and entirely ruin? No, not right now. All we know is that there’s going to be more writing on top of what we already know from Warcraft 3.

Warcraft 3 isn’t going anywhere. It’s bundled with Reforged. People have had it prior already. People have had it as far back as that initial 2002 release.
If you have a problem with the modern era Warcraft lore - Blizzard is not shutting down the services or making the original campaigns inaccessible.
If you have a problem with the new graphics - well it’s a good thing there’s going to be cross compatibility with the multiplayer between Reforged and the classic game so you can be on the original release while maybe the buddy you’re playing with is on Reforged.
If you have a problem with the old graphics because you were hoping for the new stuff to be more to your liking and are planning to boycott or opt out of purchasing Reforged - it’s a good thing there’s, what? Two or three major fan mods underway right now that are going to be HD remakes of Warcraft 3? I know they aren’t released, but if we’ve already been playing Warcraft 3 for 16/17 years then waiting for them to be released is just a drop in the bucket.

So you are ignoring Warcraft Movie Universe, and I am ignoring anything released after tft (even though I read all of them and hated) in the heart we are the same. Also just write ‘YourArthas’ to see who is the leader of those mods (AoA, Reborn, Rebirth)

Yes. They (the movie, novelization, prequel novel, and prequel comic) have nothing to do with the upcoming release of Reforged or the grand scheme of Warcraft’s current, mainline universe and direction. It’s all an alternate storyline and history. Are you being dense and selective on purpose or just thinking it somehow helps your points in the discussion?

Then, again, I don’t understand what your problem is with the concept of the Reforged campaign. You’ve been ignoring everything for so long already, why start now?

Okay, fantastic. Cool. I wish you the best of luck on the development and release of the mods, I hope they’re well received and it’s a shame to hear Reforged isn’t for you or to your liking.

Warcraft III and TFT is an alternate timline that should stay in Reforged then if it fits your theme I got no problem with calling the game ‘an alternate universe’ as long as they keep out their ‘trash’ additions after it

You mean like how Reforged comes bundled with the two original games? Like it says on the Blizzard store page for Reforged?

Okay , how would you feel if they remaster WC 1 and 2 and retcon them with movie universe just answer this?

Well first of all, I don’t think Warcraft 1 or 2 need remastering. Not because they’re perfect or fine as is, but there are some games that don’t do well with age. Warcraft 2 is very clunky but still playable. I’d go on to say that Warcraft 1 is outright archaic. A simple remaster I don’t think would do them justice or just be worth the effort. That’s why I like the few ideas and posts people have made about if Blizzard remade the First War and Second War as official campaigns for Reforged post-launch.

Now if they retconned it with the movie universe being the new canon, yeah. That would be awkward and out of place.

I’m gonna be very presumptuous and jump the gun here because I feel like I can see the next point you want to make. No, nothing after The Frozen Throne expansion is “alternate” or “doesn’t count” or what have you. Just because you personally stopped at Warcraft 3 doesn’t mean the series did. Nothing is actively being taken away from you with the development and production of Reforged.

1 Like

And here is the thing that is how people like me or Sylvos or people that says do not change the lore feels about Reforged.

And yes just because you did not like the movie timline it does not mean it did not developed by the same company and in same franchise so they can go for it and make you see the reason that why people are unhappy with lore\design changes of Reforged

Again, all I can say is that this is some very late outrage considering there’s been novelizations that cover the RTS games and introduce a lot of new canon - Tides of Darkness in 2007, Beyond the Dark Portal in 2008, Arthas: Rise of the Lich King - 2009. There have been expansions for the MMORPG that use those novels and the prior games. Since 2016, Blizzard’s been releasing basically a Warcraft lore bible series called World of Warcraft: Chronicles and those are very cut and dry about the setting and universe.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, The Last Guardian (from 2002) also covers basically all of Warcraft 1 too. Or certainly enough of it.

The RTS games are all the foundation and building blocks and nothing will change that. The nuances seem like something Blizzard does want to address for the series as a whole for the sake of streamlining and consistency. This stuff has already been happening. The only current example we have for Reforged right now is that the layout of Stratholme is the one from 2004’s World of Warcraft rather than 2002’s Reign of Chaos.

I don’t mind the movie timeline, it did a few neat things (in particular I thought it was interesting that one of the less tainted clans did try to broker an alliance with Stormwind). I just know that the movie universe is a different thing. It’s an adaptation of the franchise’s source material and not set in the same canon. It’s definitely not the Warcraft lore I’m the most familiar with and most interested in.

Perhaps, with WoW already retconing them.

Whatever that is, the image link is broken for me. Just turns up with this -
https://i.imgur.com/TRgy4bK.png