No matter what you guys do, it will never be good enough

That’s right. One thing that kept me coming to TFT was nostalgia. I would come back here, feeling at home with my thousands games played, and it felt good.

Losing that key ingredient for me is a bummer. Loading up the game new menu feels like a new game. I liked the old layout, the old profiles, everything about it.

No matter how you improve it, even if you do make it better, it’s not going to do it for me. Maybe I am not alone?

I am playing WoW classic and nostalgia got me hooked. /played shows 1500+ hours in less than a year. That same feel I had 15 years ago is priceless.

WoW Classic seems to be doing good. Maybe you should learn from this for the next projets (like Diablo 2 remastered).

8 Likes

You’re not alone. I don’t like that they changed the interface/layout/background art and I liked the old profiles, clans and custom campaigns. Sure ladder had some issues with matchmaking but nothing that couldn’t be tweaked or upgraded over time. What makes it worse though is that they removed these features without even having replacements ready. These features never should have been removed in the first place. Nearly 7 months after the game released and we’re still waiting for them.

If you want nostalgia or something more classic you’re better off looking into installing an older version of the game before 1.32. You won’t have Battle.net but you’ll have Single Player and LAN. 1.26 is the last original version (before the classic team took over to update it for Reforged), but 1.27 is pretty much the same with some compatibility updates.

2 Likes

Old client with battle.net would be the dream. I played 99% of the time online.

2 Likes

In truth you tell yourself what they have to do at least.
at the very least it has to be a new version of the old game.

then all the rest are foaasy extras that they promised and that can attract new players and old ones.

Yeah I was hoping that the old client would be able to update and play battle.net in the first place, or at least that if a new client was required it wouldn’t be so different. Instead we get this new 28 GB client because it requires everyone using it to download Reforged graphics, even those who didn’t buy Reforged and can’t use them.

the main menu is a big problem. I have an alienware aurora r9 I bought last december and the thing overheats just idling in the main menu. I use to just idle in chat channels on TFT and talk with the community but now it’s play games and exit immediately as i’m not trying to blow up my newly bought computer …

It’s a complete joke

You make a good case, man, but let’s be real here. This is modern Blizzard we’re talking about – they’re not even Blizzard anymore. They’re fully under Activision’s thumb now.

Expecting them to fix their mistakes and not just stick their thumbs in their ears pretending not to hear us is not going to end well for us. I speak from experience on this; they’re doing the same thing with their other franchises, particularly WoW.

3 Likes

WoW Classic? Yikers. You can get that experience and better on private blizzlike servers.

1 Like

I tend to disagree. I’ll be satisfied when reality meets my expectations. But there will always be players who wouldn’t like Reforged.

1 Like

wtf are you talking about there is nothing improved every single thing about that game is worse now

3 Likes

Agree. For me it will be enough if:

• You offer a voice switch button so I and all the other non english natives can get back our old voices for things that have old voice.
  • We will get back Custom Campaigns
  • The official campaign will get revamped to fit the actual lore. Yes this means Durotar Campaign having the big map fit WoW Classic Durotar too.
  • The Versus mode with MM for all old options get back.
  • The after match screen is turned back to the old one where you got detailed informations on how you performed with comparisons to the others instead of the new ones with nothing saying numbers.
  • The campaign progress is not reset every patch.
  • You will give us the option to download the old game before Reforged on the official side if we click on downloading RoC or TFT instead of just giving us a Reforged downloader. Yes this includes giving us Stand Alone patches for the major patches after 1.27 up to 1.31.1
  • You will remove the online requirement for Reforged because for those that did not bought reforged it means they can not download it.
1 Like

Alienware blows and is over rated …

I also want a changeable gameplay constant for unit selection for custom games like Helms Deep, Lordaeron the Aftermath, etc.