Night Elf Archer. Why?

lmao at this threads.

It looks great. Improve, adapt, overcome.

Are you joking? He clearly has golden eyes. Completely wholesome.

This right here is a far bigger affront to the lore of Warcraft.

To these torch-bearering poseurs, who in fact have no idea about Warcraft, explaining
the WoW vanilla cinematic showed a female NE Druid.

1 Like

What are you even saying, do you even know how the original archer looked like?

1 Like

Why can’t one of the 10 variations of the Archer wear a mask? Quite fitting and glorious, actually.

This is what I’d like Warcraft to look like.

1 Like

So first you where saying people are wrong about the original and now you want to change the original

Homeboy looks more like a Talon to me.

The Talon looks spot-on.

Again, we don’t have a look from the back or above.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/warcraft-rebirth/images/druid-of-talon

1 Like

They made night elves look like assassins because their specialty is ambush… Heck they have a move called shadowmeld as an example…

You rather have cave men looking avatars? They might do that when they release skins. Like in starcraft 2.

3 Likes

No I’d rather we get an update to the classic Archer like we were promised.
https ://imgur .com/a/oCnaSJC

5 Likes

You just linked the old Night Elf campaign screen. Where’s the promise?

You know thats the old archer right? Did you even play wc3?

2 Likes

Original archer had a loin cloth and some tatoos, and cool boots. I want it back
https: //www.models-resource. com/resources/big_icons/9/8067.png

5 Likes

So. If this is the Archer unit, why did they change it? To appeal to angry twitter harpies or to appease Chinese censorship standards? Either way, them changing a core unit so drastically is a deal breaker for me. I saw no reason to pre-order and my choice has seemingly been justified.

I hope the theories that this is Shandris or even an alt skin are true, but to me it seems unlikely. The fact that its in the same spot as the basic units for the other three races and the fact that Night Elfs took longer than the other three races as well as this being put up without any fan-fare leads me to believe that they were forced to redesign the unit and wanted to sneak it out without causing controversy. I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve long since learned to stop giving Blizzard Entertainment the benefit of the doubt.

People wanted an updated vision of the game that stays true to the spirit of the original, the new model, assuming it is the archer, does not, and furthermore clashes with the rest of the Night Elf race’s aesthetics.

9 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/mzuod8T.png

Who do you think this is then? There aren’t many night elf women without headwear except the Archer.

That came out early on alongside the other races. Assuming my theory is correct and they were forced to redesign the unit, then it’s a holdover from the old design that they haven’t bothered to alter yet.

I am becoming kind of sold on Triceron’s argument that the lady in the picture has a different team colour. From what I see, both the Talon and the groot have teal, whereas she has black.

So it could indeed be a Dark Ranger, looking all fabulous and perfect.

Why can’t there be 5 variations with the mask, and 5 without? Remember the Sunwell the Paladin haircuts.

Alongside Night Elf units, Underneath the Night Elf heading? Blizzard are historically incompetent, but not to that degree.

Also, if they were forced to redesign it stands to reason that the new design might have been edited into an older picture thus explaining the inconsistencies.

1 Like

Just seems weird that in replacing image files in the HTML, they wouldn’t just go back up to the other div class category and change the other image too or have one prepared in advance.

It also seems weird that they’d put a completely different unit in the spot everyone would assume to be where Night Elf archers go without any kind of clarification.

2 Likes

It also seems weird that the Necromancer is on the left, the same spot the Footman and Grunt are.

Is Blizzard hinting at new balance changes for Undead? Are Necromancers moving down to being tier 1 units? The Ghoul is in the center. WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN, MAN?

1 Like