Night Elf Archer. Why?

The lady has been confirmed by two sources to be a Dark Ranger.

3 Likes

weird they would put it under night elves instead of undead or humans

In the meta back before patch 1.3 the Dark Ranger was a common Tavern pick among Night Elf players~alongside Brewmaster and Beastmaster. Not sure if this still holds in the current meta, though. Been playing SC2 and HOTS mostly.

Edit: Grammar mistakes~~

1 Like

It was, but it’s probably just racism on the part of Blizzard website maintainers.

2 Likes

They’ve been doing that numerous times and it’s really odd trying to figure out why.

First in the 1.31 patch notes (Dark Ranger is listed under Night Elves in the patch changes) and now in the leaked/mistakenly uploaded Night Elf image.

I think they’re getting a bunch of interns who never played WC3 to do all the promotional material.

3 Likes

And it’s true! Look here:

They actually listed Dark Ranger as the first hero in the Night Elf section instead of Neutral. :no_mouth: Really? How did the guy who wrote it even pass the interview?

2 Likes

Anyone considered it may be Shandris Feathermoon model, which is a different color tint of Sylvanas?

1 Like

Everyone considered it. But I don’t recall Shandris characterized as dark and in a hoody. Maybe that’s Legion or BfA? I saw Shandris in a BfA video.

So yeah… That is not a night elf Archer… Is obviously a dark ranger…

What concerns me the most… Is that it looks like a reclicled model from heroes of the storm sylvanas…

1 Like

… It looks nothing like the Heroes of the Storm Sylvanas model…

3 Likes

HotS models are so clearly low-poly, you can’t confuse the two.

https://heroesofthestorm.gamepedia.com/File:Samuro_The_Blademaster.jpg

https://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Warcraft_III_Reforged_-_Blademaster.png

I’m not saying it’s the same model, I’m saying it’s recycled… All models are created with a high poly count and then rendered down… Dark rangers or sylvanas didn’t use to have that emo style hair covering one eye, that’s hots sylvanas… The bow is also very similar to the one she uses, if not recycled at least hots sylvanas was the inspiration no doubts…

1 Like

Recycle means to reuse the same thing. As explained, the model is not being used or reused for Reforged at all, what we have is a completely different model made by a completely different company. I mean you can’t even say the HotS model is recycled from WoW or the cinematics, since they aren’t the same model at all.

Did you mean the design is a derivative of the Sylvanas concept in HOTS? I would even argue that there are too many things different to be derivative of that. To me, it’s a brand new take on a ‘Dark Ranger’ that has completely new bits like the face covering and the pointier hood and the complete lack of a cloak.

Honestly, this is the first time I’ve heard Sylvanas mentioned by name. I’ve seen comparisons to the Dark Ranger of WC3 or general WoW Dark Ranger, but not Sylvanas herself.

2 Likes

Blizzard has always hated the Night Elves and their current team who clearly lacks passion and an eye for accuracy, are continuing that tradition.

Warcraft designs influence Warcraft designs.

Holy cow stop the presses, this is breaking news everyone.

2 Likes

King omelette simple mind never amazes me…
Innovative is just a crude idea for him…

Sylvanas look in heroes of the storm was a new cool take on sylvanas appereance… I loved it.

But again fresh an new are overated by kids these days, they just love rehashed.

1 Like

Too old, too new, rehashed, not loyal to the original NotLikeThis

I have no idea why you’re stretching to apply this to me when I’ve been in people’s crosshairs many times before on these forums because I’ve found myself mostly okay with a lot of the new designs while a few others have been screaming about how unacceptable they are and that Blizzard should have just stuck with a more faithful 1:1 translation between the 2002 designs and 2019’s graphics.

1 Like

As for me, I don’t mind the new graphics… Or changes im very open minded… I just don’t like rehashed and I wanted warcraft 3 to stay warcraft 3.

not wow, nor hots…
As for that matter using the same models from another game adding some polygons and twitches… I don’t like nope…

1 Like

Why I apply this to you? Simply because u don’t care about the content…you are content with everything they throw at you, standard is a word that loses its meaning on your head… A pawn… A puppet…thats what you are.

1 Like