New UI Sucks

This new main menu design is FAR worse than it was in The Frozen Throne. It’s inferior in every way: design, layout, performance and technical. Why did they change something which clearly worked and nobody complained about?

23 Likes

indeed, wish there was a mod or something to change it back : (

15 Likes

In MacOS the menu is completely unplayable ( around 10 fps max ):
Report here:

3 Likes

I read they use Chromium to render backgrounds. Basically you have a full web browser engine to render those simple scenes in the back. It creates some problems when you have switchable graphics.

5 Likes

I didnt like old bnet ui.
background looping sound becomed bad for ears (low quality loop sound of wind).
and snow backgound become too repeatitive after playing more than 15000 hours.

2 Likes

Well the issue with the UI mainly is the scale. It takes up half the screen.

1 Like

Blizzard I REALLY hope you read this and just give us a touched up version of Wc3’s old UI it was far far better than this version like I actually HATE it, there is not one single part of the new UI I like if there was a mod to change it back I would do it in a second…

6 Likes

new war3 dev team such a joke

6 Likes

^ This - Like it’s not even that hard if you just listen to the community

4 Likes

the new UI is minimal and better

They should respect the vanilla game.

When switching to Classic Mode, the main menu buttons and the War3 logo should be themed around Warcraft 3 vanilla. all of the 3D animated backgrounds should be returned when switching to Classic Mode.

If they don’t want to completely overhaul the UI.
Or remake a built in UI instead of a chrome based UI.

They should atleast respect the original game and give us back what we had before. because Reforged ui or the 2D campaign backgrounds are simply unappealing for me.

They made a black/white filter before when switching to classic, they removed it now, but i really hope they do Classic Mode proper justice. because this is just insulting.

4 Likes

Classic mode should be as true to the original as possible, with the same menu system as back then. Now we have some kind of crappy hybrid.

5 Likes

True
It has minimal features
The useful spaces are minimal
Required minimal work to be implemented
It has made by people with minimal knowledge
The outcome quality is minimal
It has minimal optimization

6 Likes

old clumsy ui are no longer a thing. what is missing? clans profile etc will be in the future… you have all the options you had + access to general channel from game lobby, the only thing is hate about it is that there are multiple small general channels, instead of one for each region

1 Like

because clan profile are part of the ui… right^^

Yeah, the in-game UI sucks too. It’s way too big. They should at least give us an option to make it smaller.

Try using the Quenching mod instead, they have developed a new UI.
It gives a nice face lift to the game, and it’s better suited to a modern RTS.
You can easily switch between the old and the new UI.

2 Likes

Does the Quenching mod work for any version or just playing with reforged mode?

You can use the mod with both classic and reforged graphics. There is an option in the game settings of the mod where you can switch.

exactly this

2 Likes