New Patch Reminder

As the Warcraft III team prepares to roll out the latest PTR update to all players in a few days, we want to remind all players:

Previous check point saves will be invalid when this patch goes live.

Campaign map progress will be preserved. So for example, if you finished Act 1, your progress will remain.

12 Likes

Thank you!


Here is the Support Article:
Cannot Load Warcraft III Campaign Save

1 Like

So, when will you guys be reverting the change to offline play and LAN functionality?

5 Likes

Thank you for the announcement :slight_smile:

I’m still at the Prologue, I think I can do mission 2 in the weekend, I’m slow :sweat_smile:

like Garithos say > “Well, what are you waiting for?” :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Would still be nice if the Wc3 Team could do some fixes on the *WORLD EDITOR*, still got some bugs that I have been reporting and sending videos in and still nothing has happened.

Now Im also experiencing a bug where my Imported files keep getting erased to 0 file size and this is happening alot more frequent since the Forsaken update, the editor needs some refinement please!

1 Like

We will keep our heroes’ Talents and inventory when new patch goes live? :eyes:

can you increase Heroes Sizes by eg 20%
they too small now.

Yes, if your current progress is between 2 missions.

You lose any started (and not finished) mission.

1 Like

I don’t get why the old saves are deprecated - there really is no way to retain that progress?
That’s insulting, considering each Act is long

1 Like

Yeah - I’m asking if there is a way for them to allow older save files to still work.
You know, backwards compatibility which is a thing in much of the software world.

Old save files for Warcraft 3 do not load due to corruption or compatibility issues after updates.

the short answer is: yes, it is technically fixable, but Blizzard would need to preserve legacy map versions or build save conversion into the game.

2 Likes

Does “check point saves” mean the automatic saves by the game or my own save games?

I am stucked on Act 1 due to a healing item bug and already progressed quite a lot (Baron Bloodbane fight). Would be a pity that I have to redo everything.

Based on their wording you’ll have to restart from the top of Act 1 - only mission completion in between acts are saved probably; At least Anya’s Deathseeker splash is getting fixed so I’m excited to continue playing with that issue out of the way

1 Like

Both are concerned.

If you can’t go through your bug in the current version, I think your save is lost..

Starcraft II engine already allowed it for replays, with saving several .exe in the game folder.

War3 Reforged could do same to allow replays & saves persistance over versions. (well, at some point SC2 lost ability to load saves from previous versions)

I’m pretty sure War3 RoC/TFT and Starcraft 1 saves from the beginning are still loadable in last versions prior Remastered/Reforged .. ok engines have changed a lot, but well, a big company should be able to handle that.

I always save all my campaign missions in all games just before victories to be able to look again at ending cutscenes or unlocking missions on older RTSs, without having to replay them all. But now in modern games (Blizzard’s?) it became useless ? We could do it in the past but not in the present anymore ? .. The unability to go back to a previous, offline version, probably made this problem even harder to solve..

2 Likes

look on bright side, there is tons of changes so starting over isn’t the worst thing and it wont take you as long from where you are since you know what to do and alot of items changed.

1 Like

im excited that im not being screwed over with the bug on seeker crit bug, the orbs etc. Sadly im not seeing any fixes for the secret mission 2 on those lua errors.

Hello everyone,

I have a few thoughts and suggestions that I believe could make Warcraft III: Reforged a better game. I hope the developers and the community will consider these ideas.

  1. We want the classic HD graphics back.
    The classic HD graphics had a unique atmosphere and feel. Bringing them back as an option would make many players happy.

  2. We want more skins for the heroes in the game.
    We would like to see more skins and different appearance options for the existing heroes.

  3. We want to be able to use skins with the Definitive Edition graphics.
    At the moment, skins cannot be used with the Definitive Edition graphics. We would like this feature to be added.

  4. We want higher FPS and smoother performance.
    Especially during large battles, higher and more stable FPS would make the overall gameplay experience much better.

  5. We want smoother menus and UI.
    We would like the menus to be faster and more responsive, with an overall smoother interface experience.

  6. We want new heroes.
    Adding new heroes with unique abilities and different playstyles would bring something fresh to the game.

  7. We want to be able to play the campaigns with the Definitive Edition graphics.
    When we select the Definitive Edition graphics in the settings, we cannot play the campaigns with that visual style. We would like the campaigns to support the Definitive Edition graphics as well.

  8. We want the Definitive Edition graphics to be clearer and easier to distinguish.
    I think the Definitive Edition graphics look worse than the classic graphics, but better than the Reforged graphics. However, elements such as grass, trees, and some character models can blend too much into the environment and become difficult to distinguish at a glance. Making the colors more vibrant and sharp, with clearer and more defined edges, would make characters, units, and environmental elements much easier to see and distinguish. This would make the gameplay more comfortable and the overall game much easier to read.

  9. We also want improvements to the Reforged graphics.
    The Reforged graphics could also benefit from further improvements to make them smoother, clearer, more vibrant, and sharper. We would like the graphics to be adjusted so that characters, units, and environmental elements are easier to distinguish.

  10. We want better ping and connection stability for players from Turkey.
    I play the game from Turkey, and some games have very high ping and noticeable lag. Some games are fine, while others are much worse. We would like the server and connection performance to be improved so that players from Turkey can have a more stable and consistent online experience.

  11. We want the new Forsaken Kingdom campaign to be free.
    We would like the new campaign to be available to all players for free. I think this would be greatly appreciated by the Warcraft III community.

Thank you for continuing to work on Warcraft III: Reforged. I hope some of these suggestions can be considered for future updates.

1 Like

“We must take action! Time is of the essence.”