Need help: Hard lags, starting in main menu and last all games

Hey, couldnt find any solution online for my Problem, maybe you guys can help me

After starting, the game takes like 30s to bring me to the main menu. Already the background animation looks really unsmooth and the menu buttons react 2-3 seconds late. Only the curser moves clean. Looking for costum games takes several seconds and opening the map folder takes for ages. Ingame then the game gets unplayable, cause everything reacts too late and if too many units spawn it gets more and more laggy.
Like 2 weeks ago everythink worked just fine apart from the normal issues since reforge.

Im still playing classic - Reign of Chaos and and new download/installation didnt change anything.
Grafics card: AMD Radeon ™ RX 560 and Intel® HD Graphics 630

I hope u have any ideas how to fix this
Greetings

Rule out this being internet related. Make sure you have 0 packet loss with the Blizzard servers and are using a wired (not wireless) connection.

Make sure Reforged is using the RX 560 GPU and not the Intel Integrated Graphics. If this system is a desktop then make sure the display is plugged into the discrete GPU expansion card and not the motherboard.

I recommend posting your dxdiag listing. That contains more detailed hardware and driver information.

1 Like

Thanks for the fast reply. Im pretty sure the problem is not internet related, a short time ago it worked all well and my internet connection is good as before. I checked my pathping with the blizzard server and it looks ok. Other competitive games like rocket league work without laggs.
I find it weird, that the main menu is messed up already. The animations here feel like max 4fps.
Using a Lenovo Thinkpad I cant plugg anything^^
Here u can see my DxDiag (pls remove the space between //):
https:/ /drive.google.com/file/d/18V74-_yKDwGbFB-jrxHrlo77sbLe72jf/view?usp=sharing
Hope its allowed to post the link here.
So its not a know problem i fear?

They likely use different synchronization model and certainly different servers. One has to look at games individually and at best compare with similar games.

I suggest updating Windows 10 to the November 2019 Update. While at it use Display Driver Uninstaller to remove both AMD and Intel drivers then clean install them with the latest from your OEM. If OEM drivers were the latest then try the generic ones from Intel and AMD. Your AMD driver is 3 years old and your Intel driver is 2 years old. Technically Warcraft III Reforged only supports drivers within the last year, even if just playing with classic graphics.

Make sure Warcraft III is running off the discrete GPU. One might need to explicitly tell it to do so.

1 Like

Hey hey, sorry for late reply. Problem is fixed:)
Apparently I just needed to change settings in the AMD Radeon settings programm.
There are different Wc3 folders on my pc, and my grafics card recognized just the old ones, not the one where the launcher starts the game. So I guess as you said, the game was running on my Intel card. Not sure if lowering the grafic requirements also did a difference here.

Thanks @DrSuperGood

1 Like