My feelings about your game

1. It’s broken. Disconnects happen randomly and they happen literally all the time. I get disconnected 3 different ways. First, I’ll get disconnected by being desynced. This is the most notorious way to get disconnected, right now, and it’s infuriating. Second, I’ll get disconnected from battle.net without losing local internet connection at all (still able to log in and play literally any other blizzard game.) Third, I’ll get disconnected randomly and without any notification of any kind. These I’ve dubbed “Ghost Disconnects” because there is literally no reason to be found for the disconnect. There’s no message. I was just forced to leave my game instantly against my will, WITH NO MESSAGE, and taken to the score screen. These reasons make your game, by definition, BROKEN.

2. The new models look absolutely AMAZING. They look like people spent legitimate time and effort to get just right and for that I salute you. They are brilliant and people should pat themselves on the back for being so good at graphic/model designing.

3. The new environment looks too drab, but then iIt’s shiny where it needn’t be shiny. It draws an intense amount of graphical power. It looks too washed out and bland in many areas. The old WC3 environment was simply brighter in color and was able to blend a certain amount of realistic-ness with cartoonishness to create a masterpiece of environmental art. Also, the environment didn’t break people’s computers. Yes you can turn it down, but then why not just play original WC3? Its a hard balance that blizz is trying to achieve, I understand, but if people lag when they enter the game, then they lag the entire time, it’s not looking good from an outsider perspective.

4. You got rid of features. Why? If anything you needed to release the game with MORE features. Give people options. Give them every option. Why no clans on release? It may just be the little things to developers, but they add up quick and can earn a failing grade for a game that has so much potential.

5. I literally thought, when I heard about warcraft 3: reforged, that it was gonna be amazing. I was hyping it up to all my friends and telling them we were gonna be able to play all our old games again. I thought that they might even release a new campaign saga. I mean wouldn’t that have been great? Instead of just releasing the same thing, only updated, they add content to it to fluff it up. A new campaign set of missions would have been most welcome in WC3: reforged.

In summary, 1. It’s broken. 2. The models look AMAZING. 3. The enviroment looks too drab and pulls too much computing power 4. No new, game-changing features. Repealed old, good features. 5. No new content.

3 Likes
  1. Definitely agree. It’s a connection nightmare. Questions for you though: Are you wired or wireless? If wireless, are you on 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Are you using a Netgear router? I ask because all of those played various roles in connection issues I used to have in SCR and SC2.
  2. (Nothing to add here, but I have to have a number 2 because the forum’s auto formatting forcefully changes my “3” to a “2”.)
  3. From everything I’ve seen in video comparisons, I tend to agree with the drabness. It seems like they wanted to add a sense of atmosphere to the environments, but instead of adding graphical elements, they simply applied color filters.
  4. They didn’t get rid of the missing features. Bliz has said they will be returning. But still, like many have said around here, the game wasn’t ready for release. I think Bliz shot themselves in the foot by setting a release date (albeit a general one) so, so, so far in advance, and they had to somewhat stick to it. I bet that’s why they won’t give a date for the return of the old features until they have them very close to ready.
  5. Originally there was a plan to add a bunch of campaign content. Not a new campaign per se, but a bunch of stuff to the existing one. However, by Blizzcon '19 they had scrapped the majority of it, and all that’s left is 3 extra prologue missions and redesigns of a few existing missions. It was the reason I refunded Reforged the Monday after Blizzcon.

Prolog missions are not additional were in the original game as “example of custom campaign”.

Indeed. But I just meant as part of Reforged: reforged versions were added to the campaign proper, voice audio was added without having to mod it, and allowed hero inventories to carry over from the 2nd to the 3rd mission.

Equal my point is that it is not that they made 6 new campaigns.
They did 3 of which 2 are incomplete.

(that by the way if they made 7 new 1 for campaigns at the Purge Level I would have at least been much more satisfied with the new campaign)

FIX THE GAME BrEAKING DISCONNECTS ALREADY BLIZZARD LIKE I HAVE BEEN SAYING FOR MONTHS!

2 Likes

The new models are trash. The fact that a small percentage of people seemingly use them testifies to this. It all looks like some Chinese mobile knockoff.

3 Likes

The models look great, they are individually very good work generally speaking.

The argument over the failure of the Reforged overhaul can not be summarized shortly. people, casual people. and those who come back hardly care about the internal issues and damage and poor decisions that lead to the argument against the failure of the visual overhaul.

Rightfully so they only see the great detail of the models and are impressed. again, rightfully so. where they fail to realize how the visual overhaul was an objective functional downgrade however is where the argument needs to be set and it is there where people need to understand how the visual overhaul decisions caused more problems then it solved them.

Sadly this topic is too heavy to discuss in a short sentence.

What i can tell is that the new visual overhaul was too over the top. they decided to not change the game engine because the existing community wouldn’t just be mad it would actually implode. and if the existing community implodes there is no Warcraft 3 community anymore. no more map makers, no more pro players. so Blizzard knew they can never change the engine, only update it.

The new models functionally harmed the game which was unable to sustain them. it should have been more simplistic and far more friendly for an RTS game like War3. it wasn’t. that is the reality of the current situation. however the bad decision for the visual overhaul was made pre 2018, where it went wrong was they decided to spend too much time, effort and budget focusing on what it didn’t matter for a game like Warcraft 3, and that’s the visual overhaul. and in return they were unable to deliver a quality and functioning game. and the result was an unfunctional game with 30GB of “pretty” models.

Leading in massive amounts of development time, effort and budget spent in optimizing the game for running models it struggles to do so. and causing framerate issues.

i’m not going to pretend how much Blizzard “should” or “could” have spared for the project. they had a budget they were willing to spend and a time limit for the Classic Team.

All things considered i think they ordered the Team to focus on all the wrong things. a simpler visual overhaul would have allowed more budget, time and effort be put into delivering a better product.
instead of “oh look close up shots of people talking to eachother in a campaign now buy our game”

And they themselves didn’t think it was a good idea and they rolled back on the changes because of “community feedback” so i don’t understand what is their problem. they like hitting themselves for some reason.

If the money was spent on a far more simpler visual overhaul and instead the rest was pushed unto delivering a game that had all the pre existing functions and carrying over some made by the community such as reconnecting from the ENTbot days. and then on top of that adding new surface level features. the game would have been far more successful. because it would WORK. not because it looked “cool”.

2 Likes

Nope, I’m hard-wired, gigabit internet, with an ASUS AC2600 router and Netgear 3.1 modem.

I’m so sad to hear they scrapped extra content that makes my heart drop.

You know it’s a lie, right? because even so they changed the campaign, and all the voices and if it were true we would still have the new cinematics.