Mute players and report players

I have two questions:

1. How do I silence a player? I had to do the last game that a player who insulted me and my family in every way

2. At the end of the game I used the report button.
    Does blizzard really intervene on these players?
    In other online games that I played, after I had made a report if that player was banned I received a message with a notice that the report was successful and the player banned. Is there the same chose also here?

Seriously, multiplayer must be a quiet place to play, warcraft 3 reforged has just begun, I hope blizzard chooses to protect fair play.

2 Likes

I can no longer play to confirm this but in the classic version you could always type /squelch name or /ignore playersname and it would silence them. I donā€™t know if reforge has that working tho since most of the /time /help /stats etc commands I had tried werenā€™t working.

1 Like

I tried the commands you suggested (/ignore nameofplayer) but they donā€™t work.

Sorry if I return to this post but the situation is absurd.
I come from sc2 where there is a simply way to mute the player on the chat options of the game. Here there is nothing.
In my last game i write ā€œgl hfā€ and my opponent replied with insults and continuing, what should I do?
Keep writing on the forum in the hope that some players will know some secret commands to mute my bad manner opponent and play a quiet game?
I sincerely hope that the developers will implement a sort of ban list like on sc2.

Fortunately the vast majority of the players I have met are very good manner people with whom it is a pleasure to play. In any case, this should be resolved as soon as possible.

Meanwhile if someone knows how to mute the opponents please let me know.

Iā€™ve been told that ā€œ!mute nameā€ works

2 Likes

I ignore insults, but spam is a lot harder

The commands have changed with reforge

You can type !mute _________ (insert player name)

There is also a way to mute based on their slot in the game, but I canā€™t remember how to do it.

1 Like

I had a player spam the whole channel with a racist word yesterday, he spammed so much I couldnā€™t even see where I was building or moving. It was impossible to ignore him because there doesnā€™t seem to be any option for it. I mean if heā€™s spamming so much he should at least be disconnected or it should at least be flagged by Blizzard when someone is spamming in a racist way and ban him.

The problem is, battle.net allows non-english names, which makes us not able to type those characters and mute them!

1 Like

There is a way to mute players based on the their ā€˜slot #ā€™ in the game, but i canā€™t remember how to do it.