Modding to disable triggers

Is there a way through editing the text files in the casc game storage to disable the functionality of specific triggers? For example, I want to disable the trigger that stops heroes from gaining experience in the campaign without having to edit every single campaign map. Was really hoping there was a way to just stop the game from reading said trigger. I tried deleting the “suspend hero xp” from triggerdata.txt but it doesn’t seem to have any effect.

It is my understanding that CASC is not designed for third party modification. The CASC local storage is meant to mirror the contents of the CDN. Any changes made to the local storage are likely to be flagged up when it performs some kind of integrity check.

You could try local files if those are taken in preference.

I suspect modifying on a per map basis might be the easiest way to do this unfortunately. In theory you could write an automated tool to comment out or remove the script lines that disable experience again. This could then be applied to the script files of all maps efficiently. However writing such a tool is likely a lot more effort than just manually deleting the trigger from all the maps you want to play.

Note from a gameplay perspective the campaigns are balanced around your hero being level capped. Without this level cap they will likely reach maximum level within the first mission or two making those missions much easier than intended, breaking the intended progression.