MMR and good players

Hi,

at how many MMR do we start to get matched against good players ?

i am at 5000 and people still suck lets make it to 6000 and see

With this change, a 5000 matchmaking rating (MMR) should now represent a player who is rated higher than 50% of all players

This is from the mmr changes in april.

I’m at 5800 and some players I meet are trash. We have zero information about the actual distribution of mmr and the limits with whom you get matched.

The higher you go the less bad players you meet but you’ll meet bad players all the way up because the matchmaking was poorly done to get it out the door.

also if you have high mmr u will still get players in your team that are playing the first time… i mean, it feels like when they are playing just tower defense and camping in base all the time xD

This MMR and Matchmaking is not working at all and nobody seems to give a damn about it…

And in addition blizzard holds on to its global matchmaking that nobody wanted and you get high ping too… makes a lot of fun xD

Sad thing about W3Champions is that there are not many RT Players… when you get into Master or even Grandmaster you will search for hours for a game…

Are you from NA?

Nope Europe, but I quit playing 4v4 W3 Champions after Season 1 - Cause Search Time too high… maybe it is better now… :smiley:

I don’t know, I only play 1v1. But people in lounge chat always complain about teammates and not search times xd

Nah…I think W3Champions is showing how it could be… and in higher level most games are really fun and balanced… on battle.net there are several different issues… leavers, afklers, high ping, not really proper matchmaking related to mmr etc.

The only reason im still playing battle.net sometimes is the lower search time and the hope of luck for a good ping… xD

It’s even less likely to get a good ping on Bnet because of global matchmaking. I played five 4v4s on Bnet and all of them had 200+ ping (two of those matches started with a leaver, one with an afk guy). On w3c you can only have bad luck that Actiblizz hosts the game on NA or Asian servers for no reason.

Why those of us who come for the campaign are not even trying. They ripped us off and it doesn’t seem like they are going to give us the personalized one soon to at least fix it.

Break free from the noob cage, go to w3champions.

What’s a good MMR? I’m sure I saw Grubby’s MMR at 6300+ when he was streaming like last week. Is that where the top tier range is?

We can’t possibly know because the only information given is that 5k is supposed to be the average.

1 Like

I played 13 elf games to test a new Linux setup and I have 10-3 and 5600 mmr, wtf? I also disconnected in one game. I have never played elf before in my life.

Is MMR relevant when people play on smurf accounts? Such matches are imbalanced and more common than one thinks.

I just played against a guy who didn’t make an altar, he had 5800 mmr. wtf?

I think smurfs are quite rare because you need to buy the game again. It’s more common to play against a skilled player who’s playing on another race or random, since it’s a different mmr for each.

From the other perspective as a newish player - once I get a lucky streak and break 5100 MMR I get an onslaught of players far above my skill level. The game stops being fun then

well, if the players at least would stay in the game or blizzard would punish the quitters by timeban or something then this could be more fun… just started the day with 6 games in a row 4v4 with a leaver in my team, this is ridiculous