– 3 frozenthrone community maps
    – 41 campaign maps

Plus changes to files:
ClientSDK.dll
ClientSdkMDNSHost.exe
Warcraft III.exe
World Editor.exe

4 Likes

What baffles me is that they are clearly still doing something to change this game, but they aren’t fixing the basic things that the community is complaining about. Which makes me wonder. . . are they monitoring ANY of their customer feedback channels like this forum and/or social media?

2 Likes

This says absolutely nothing… All those files could change just by rebuilding Warcraft III. This does not mean any source changes have been made.

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but I think they removed some “abusive” voice lines or references from the campaign - like they did with World of Warcraft and Overwatch. I mean… why would you make changes to a 20-year-old campaign? Makes no sense.

This by itself is meaningless, but it could be preperations for something else to occur later.

Stuff like this isn’t done for absolutely no reason. Whatever that reason is though, we have no information on which to formulate a hypothesis.

All I know is you don’t do new builds for absolutely no reason.

3 Likes

I think some of the lines were already removed by the time Reforged released. Part of the reason is that they want to keep selling a game that people find respectable in modern times. Otherwise they would have to raise the age rating and warn people that the content shown in the game might not be considered appropriate in modern times like some streamers do for old films and TV programs.

They did this from the start when they removed Arthas’s “What the hell is that?” when the meatwagon was brought up in map 2 of the RoC undead campaign.

They also removed the Dryad’s “I’m so wasted! I’m so wasted!” line.

They removed Arthas’s “What the hell is that” because it was a plot hole.

Arthas already encountered the Meat Wagon in Scourge of Lordaeron campaign, so he doesn’t need to act surprised by seeing them again.

1 Like

Maybe. . . but seeing it up close and rattling along is probably a whole new experience and worthy of exclamation.

You mean changing custom made maps?

A person on Hive has reported that this mini patch might have broken their custom map. They say that upgrading buildings that used to cost resources now give resources (negative upgrade cost) despite the values set in the object editor remaining the same.

I am still working with them to resolve for certain if this was caused user error or the patch though.

Unlikely. The diff Bogdan ran would have shown if the RelativeUpgradeCost=0 or RelativeUpgradeCost=1 inverse state flag setting changed in any of:

war3.w3mod/units/miscgame.txt
war3.w3mod/_balance/custom_v1.w3mod/units/miscgame.txt
war3.w3mod/_balance/custom_v0.w3mod/units/miscgame.txt
war3.w3mod/_balance/melee_v0.w3mod/units/miscgame.txt

Can you confirm whether your “person on Hive” understands the above files, how they encode different values for the RelativeUpgradeCost state flag, and how they change “out from under you” while developing the map? Can you assert that this user did not bump the state flag into loading one of the other four copies, thus causing the building upgrades to have a price relative to the starting building instead of as a flat value?

It would be a common, classical World Editor mistake for them to make. I checked my current copy of build 18820 in the World Editor by simply manipulating menus to bounce the game between the 4 files listed above, and I observed the relative pricing to toggle on and off in the expected way consistent with previous patches.

I find it unlikely that Bogdan would have messed up a simple file diff.

Edit: Please keep in mind that RelativeUpgradeCost=0 means that upgrade costs are relative, and RelativeUpgradeCost=1 means that upgrade costs are flat values – not the other way around.

(Your run-of-the-mill World Editor user wouldn’t understand this ridiculously obscure state flag, but if Blizzard broke it the entire game would be busted and everyone would be having a fit.)

Hence why I mentioned it here, in case other people were observing it.

I will forward your information on to them.

Maybe tell them to check if the cause is that they changed “Game Data Set” stuff in the map editor options menu OR created a local files mod in a way that they are still learning (and assumed unit stats would match with map editor). That’s 99% likely to be the cause.
Edit: If not that, perhaps they did some automated import of their unit data into a new map, and the new map doesn’t have the same flag setting.

Edit 2: See Advanced > Gameplay Constants > Gameplay - Use Relative Upgrade Costs. You can control it if you set an explicit value, but if you do not then the flag will flip-flop based on game data set which is really confusing for new users.