Minimap click bug

Whenever I click to any spot on the minimap, it sends me to the very bottom right of both the game and the minimap itself.

2 Likes

This affects me too and makes the campaign unplayable.

Considering that I owned the original working game and am forced to use this updated game client that makes the game unplayable, I’m rather angry about something game breaking not even being acknowledged months later.

Here’s a bunch of detail on the behaviour which should make tracking the cause fairly simple:

• Any click within the minimap causes the cursor to snap to the bottom right of the minimap ‘box’, thus also moving the display to that point. When releasing the mouse button the cursor snaps back to where it was when I actually clicked, but the display is not moved there with it - it remains at the bottom right most point of the map.
  • By holding the mouse button and moving it, I can see that the cursor moves to the bottom right when any movement occurs, and snaps back to where it should be if I stop moving it (without releasing button). So it appears that any mouse event causes this anomalous cursor position briefly then it returns to where it should be.
  • Clicking a hero portrait moves the view to them without issue, so this is likely specifically related to the minimap and not the act of setting the viewing location.
  • This also occurs from my touchscreens ! If I place the mouse within the minimap area, then tap my screen somewhere outside the minimap then it moves the cursor to nearest point inside the minimap to where I tapped, then snaps to the bottom right as with a regular click.
  • But it only does that when the location I tapped does not have a valid click event of its own. If I tap a unit, button, command, etc then they will activate and the minimap behaviour will not be triggered.
  • Found an exception to the above, if it’s inside the minimap box and quests or log are open then even tapping on the buttons of that dialog still doesn’t work and is trapped inside the minimap box.
  • I believe the touch behaviour on my laptop is set to behave as though the mouse was clicked at the location tapped, so when there’s no valid click event where I actually tapped it then appears to be using the mouse position prior to the click event for something and triggering the minimap bug as well.
  • If I tap inside the minimap and the cursor was not previously already within the minimap box, then it will simply move the cursor to the tapped location without triggering the minimap at all. Further implying that the minimap is not responding correctly to mouse down in particular.

So the handling of mouse events associated with the minimap is borked in some way, and it is doing something after mouse events as well.

1 Like

Are you guys running Windows or Linux? I ran into this in Manjaro using Wine, and I just assumed it was a wine issue…however the mini map works on my Windows 10 installation. On my Manjaro install I’m running in fullscreen windowed mode with the mouse set to “Automatically capture the mouse in full-screen windows” in order to allow me to move my mouse cursor freely without breaking through the window borders on to my second monitor. Everything else seems to work flawlessly with the exception on one minor audio bug.

Warcraft 3 Reforged in Wine with Lutris version 0.5.9.1

Currently running with:
wine version: lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64 (default)
DXVK: v1.9.4L-2
VKD3D: on
VKD3D version: v2.5L-c0a3fa8
Enable D3D Extras: true
D3D Extras version: v2
Enable DXVK-NVAPI/DLSS: true
Enable Esync: true
Enable Fsync: false
Enable AMD FidelityFX Super: false
Windows (virtual desktop): true
Virtual desktop resolution: (not set)
Mouse Warp Override: Force
Audio driver: Auto (default)
Create a sandbox for Wine folder

Warcraft III Reforged version is 1.32.10.18067 x86_64
Patch 2.9.0 (2.9.0.13280

If this is a Windows client bug then I guess I won’t get any answers from WineHQ.

I’ve also just run into this while running on Linux with Lutris. I managed to fix this by not using the fshack wine version (lutris-fshack-6.21-6-x86_64). Instead, I used lutris-6.21-6-x86_64 and the minimap works.

3 Likes

@thongs this worked! Thank you!