Merely posting out of excitement - menu lag fixed

i tried everything for, probably 5 hours or so, compatibility modes, nvidia control power setting each specific exe to run with graphics card (bnet app, bnet launcher, blizzweb, wc3exe, wc3 launcher), windows power option forcing game to use power options, run as admin, turn all settings down, turn all settings up, etc blah blah,

oh i even set chrome to use my graphics since people were saying the blizzthing is a chrome based app, lol.

anyway, just disable integrated graphics while you launch game and it worked, hope i can help someone

i guess i cant post link to the reddit thread but literally, go to device manager, display adapters, right click intel UHD and disable it (only if you have another graphics card obviously) , and then run game, you can even reenable after game is going

1 Like

I can confirm that this method really works. Although it gets a bit annoying doing it every time you want to play Warcraft III.
I really hope a more permanent solution is found soon, but at least we have this method until the issue is fixed.

Use Linux, I never even had this problem in the first place. :^)

if you’re using win10 you can set the exes which u want to use the dedicated gfx in the settings app.

Just a word of caution, disabling an integrated GPU on a motherboard that uses Intel Optimus to split the load between the integrated and dedicated GPUs won’t work. In fact, it could make it far worse.

tried that, didnt work

Pretty heavy solution for a programming error and not an OS error but Linux people acting strange is nothing new

Well it’s the only proper solution for the programming error that is Windows. :^)

I’ve tried some things and the main menu lag kinda dissapeared:

• play the game with a 4:3 resolution;
  • check if the FPS are capped;
  • check if you’re playing Reforged with the corect Hz of your monitor.

Nonsens and you should know it. The error here is, that Chromium tries to put its work on the “onboard” GPU when there is a proper GPU installed. This can be fixed by either deactivating the “onboard” GPU in BIOS (or in Windows) or give this constellation a special event software wise. Solution two can be fixed by Google (since the WC3 Menu is Chromium based afaik) or by Blizzard itself. Since it is not really a bug but an oversight by Blizz [most likely due to time pressure] - Google won’t “fix” it.

tl;dr; User error and/or rushed software by Blizzard, nothing to do with Microsoft

Keep the narrative up of “wInDoWs BaAAAAaaaD beCauSe Linux BeTTer”, you totally appear like a totally smart, reasonable and charismatic human being.

Have a good one

Thanks for posting. I’ve never seen more than 15 fps in menu screen. This feels so smooth now. I recall someone on the bug forums (discord, not bnet) stating he found the reason of the menu lag: reforged pulls only superficial information about the computer, insufficient to correctly set all paramaters which causes sluggy functionality. Seems this fix is a manual pybass for that error. Not sure though, not an IT guy. Whatever, the post helped me for now.