Mass Gargo's vs NE broken

NE vs Mass Gargo’s

Saw this match with Happy vs Kaho: https://youtu.be/x8Xrd4Umnlw?si=LykbGkeG4MD4BH4M (34:30 the presenter even says it) and it seems like gargo’s vs NE is just way too OP. The announcer mentions that Panda is the only counter against this. I just encountered a few 1v1 myself (me NE, enemy Undead) and a similar thing happened as my opponents just went mass Gargo’s vs me. Had lvl 5 panda, demon hunter lvl 5, but together with wyrms and lich, impossible to get down with all the slows even with something like mass hippo’s.

It just feels like a super lame tactic and gargo’s are only 2 food now I believe? Really would love for something to change in this match up.

Ideas I had that might help (all these options are OR not AND):

• Change gargo food supply from 2 to 3
  • Decrease the attack range of gargo’s to ground units
  • Decrease the attack of gargo’s to ground units overal (as this tactic especially focuses dryad’s, the one ground units from NE that can attack the Gargo’s)
  • Decrease their HP slightly from 410 to 380. This would obligate the UD player to use stone form more effectively and preemptively.

Just some ideas. Current matchup it feels really lame whenever I see the UD player go for this, especially late game it seems impossible to beat UD at that point. I won one time with mass hippo’s and a keeper lvl 6 with tranquility in a fight, making sure the hippos wouldn’t be ripped to shreds.

Thoughts?

I watch War3 combat live video everyday, I think that’s the very map which Gargoes have advantage in the Youtube.
Just a lv3 Panda can easily kill these things. If they have mass, find reasons why you dont have high lv heroes or mass hippoes.

1 Like

No issue with gargs ! You can counter them with dryads, archers, also hippos.
Nothing broken. Happy is pro, the other never heard of it.

1 Like

if they have wyrms it was not mass gargs

I watched again, your video is NOT at all about massing gargs!
Pro’s few times do mass something. Usually they combine units like you saw also in this video.
My opinion is: Kaho made too few dryads - maybe more could have change the game’s outcome!