Map hack out already?

Hope I’m wrong but in a couple of my games tonight it seemed pretty clear the other team was map hacking.
I’m a slightly above average player (60%) and play mostly 2V2. The odd creek jack is fine, could be a coincidence or even smart thinking from the other player. But when it’s repetitive with no scouting, and always canceling our expos, it makes you wonder.
If blizz can’t even make profiles or a ladder anymore there’s no chance in dealing with hackers.
Anyone else have problems tonight?

Out already? it’s been out since forever, reforged is still TFT, the game engine is the same with minor client side modifications, from what I know warden hasn’t received much changes so hacks would still work

what is the point in cheating at a 20 year old game? this is why I quit playing this game a decade ago…

Most accusations of maphacking are wrong. Have you tried scouting your enemy to know where they are instead of getting surprised by them each and every time?

I think Map Hack can be fixable to not be used at all somehow. Blizzard are smart enough to figure out how to render 3rd party sources useless. It’s like when using twitch and you have to detect a 3rd party for it to screen, they should just say no or make it useless. They should just create blockages for any 3rd party-ware by default if anything is detected as an out-side screen or source, and anything they need from the game they can add on like Twitch, media-labs etc.

Besides, what’s the point of MH? I I appreciate my own true skills and honour. Even on console games or any games, I never found cheat codes enjoyable at all, unless I’ve beaten a game 100% and wanted to see what it looked like. I enjoy easter eggs, secrets and stuff that’s canon or for fun, but it’s no fun getting infinite funds or unlimited health pool etc.

Yes, I do.

Many hack accusations or even sensations are blatantly wrong. If you want to confirm you can load up the replay and press (and hold) ctrl + c. This command will cause the game to iterate this hotkey combination and thus it keeps focus on what a player has selected. If he selects something that should normally in the fog: it is confirmed. He hacks. Also LadyRisa Replay Tool has a ‘red click’ option to check this (cannot confirm if this works though).

It is not so much that MH could be back; it was never gone. MHs from legacy still seem to work to date. Blizzard simply did not address security issues at all.

1 Like