Make Reforged Multiplayer Free-to-Play

As everyone is aware (including Blizzard), RTS genre on the whole is on a steep decline in recent years. Blizzard has made some of the best decisions by making both SC2 and SC1 free-to-play.

Next in line should be War3 Reforged. By making the multiplayer free-to-play, the benefits far outweigh the downsides. The ladder matchmaking will be much more efficient with a larger pool of players to choose from, leading directly to better ELO accuracy, shorter game searching time and a much bigger E-sport scene. I am sure Blizzard is keenly aware of the benefits of going free-to-play as well.

Single player oriented players will still gain a tons of value buying the game for $29.99 simply for its revamped campaigns and better graphics. Just like how SC1/SC2 work, people will pay a lot just for good single-player campaigns.

Keep up the good work Blizzard.

4 Likes

its not very good idea.

first problem is how you anymore block hackers when the cd key is not purchased.

second of all is that it will greatly bring people into the game who has not invested on it anything so it makes a lot greater amount of players who only want to disturb other players game

11 Likes

i’m assuming because sc2 is free there alot of hackers there xD

anyway, i think they should make classic wc3 free while RF paid.

that’s it.

2 Likes

Hahaha you are discussing about it like you are one of the company leaderships, but I would like to play that for free, because maybe I will not pay for it, I am not veeeery interested, but I like a lot still

The problem I see with this is uncontrollable smurfing. If you make it F2P, then anyone can make as many troll accounts as they want and spam the multiplayer and grief with absolutely no way to police it.

Smurfing is bad enough as it is.

5 Likes

Recent years??
You mean since the 2000?

4 Likes

the war3 campaign is huge but war3 is such a great game that even with the amazing single player campaign 90% of the game is the custom maps, so no, making it free would be a bad business decision for blizzard and would force the addition of ea like microtransactions to earn money.

3 Likes

im really all against free to play, but they can do like they did in starcraft remastered, Classic graphics and only custom games. so there none hacker/troll/idiot who wanna destroy games in ladder.

3 Likes

when they add purchasable unit skins and icons and stuff, i’m sure it’ll go f2p.

they added a bunch of that stuff in sc2 and it was a major success.

2 Likes

I dont like the idea of F2P in general, few got it right. So, I dont agree with this being a necessary implementation.

1 Like

i dont think it will be good idea to make it F2P from the release after all many waiting for WC3R but maybe if the playerbase droped in the future so they will need more players to play the game

but as WC3 fan i know this game have good player base and if Blizzard Succes to make Reforged like or better then the Original WC3 there is many players will play this game

1 Like

Free to play = more people playing the game, lots of smurfs, lots of troll accounts, make money with skins and other microtransactions.
Payed accounts = less people playing, account creation control, exlusive content for those whom can pay and have good pc’s.

In my vision, although i don’t like the idea of it being free to play after i’ve already bought reforged on the pre-purchase i see that this is another fortnite/pubg issue. PUBG was restrictive because it was expensive and it required a good pc to play it, Fortnite required a regular pc and it was free to play. Fortnite got tons of money in microtransactions, reached a far wider public than PUBG and got larger profits. Summing, WC3 Reforged will require pc’s with better video cards, wich means better pc’s for the updated graphics so the game probably will be a little restrictive, besides, being a pay to play game, makes it even more restrictive. My question is, Blizzard, do you want to be Fortnite or PUBG? The way i see it, free to play = Fortnite, pay to play = PUBG.

1 Like

If they want War3 F2P then I feel it should be an enhanced trial edition that allows custom map play and heavily restricted game access.

Any ladder made F2P is gonna be bad. You have new players coming in wanting to learn the fame be matched up by smurfs and trolls who will ruin their experience. Thats not how to bring people in to War3, thats an easy way for them to say ‘dumb game and dumb matchmaking’ and uninstall. War3 is a very early 2000’s game, when competitive games were intentionally punishing amd the learning curve was steep. War3 is not an ideal casual player game, thus no need to make it casual by going F2P.

3 Likes

You’re an absolute pompous piece of sh!t, you think you deserve their work for free. You obviously have zero intention of paying for it if it’s remotely possible you’ll get it for free.

It’s $30, that’s barely half a decent meal. You can’t even get a good steak for $30 but you want a badass game that they’ve had a team working for months on for free?

F2P would only result in focus moved from balance to cosmetics and micro transactions which destroys the quality of the game.

You people make me sick, and I can take a guess which kind of “people” you are.

1 Like

You eat $60 meals?..

2 Likes

Wall Street over here eating $60 meals.

1 Like

everyone talking about meals, me hungry now :frowning:

Imma tease you with some images I found on Reddit then:
Cornfed beef:

Prime ribs (Look at the juices! Mmm!):

Mini-English breakfast:

…Damn, now I’m hungry too. Good thing we have meatloaf today at work :joy:

Starcraft 1 remaster is not free.

same, either they will hack or just ruin other Players experiences and throwing games because they lose so much so they just make a new account.

Maybe just for custom games because that could draw many Players in and since ist not the competitive aspect of the game i would be fine for it.