[Main Thread] Missing Textures / Can't See In-game Units

Same Issues

DxDiag pastebin. com/yFzPT0gB

pastebin com / dZ5cdGN2

I was experiencing this issue too ( Game data is unable to load and must be repaired. Please run the Blizzard app to repair the game. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the game.) but now it’s fixed for me for some reason. I also didn’t experience this issue earlier in the year when Warcraft III Reforged first came out. Below is the latest sequence of events that led to it working for me on my system:

* Uninstalled Warcraft III Reforged and deleted the Warcraft III entries in RegEdit
* Installed Warcraft III Patch 1.31.1 in a folder separate from Warcraft III, launched Warcraft III and World Editor
* Updated miscellaneous drivers
* Installed Warcraft III Reforged PTR and then Warcraft III Reforged
* Crash when launching Warcraft III Reforged PTR and World Editor PTR
* Crash when launching Warcraft III Reforged and World Editor
* Uninstalled Warcraft III Reforged PTR and Warcraft III Reforged
* Installed Warcraft III Reforged
* Launched Warcraft III Reforged and World Editor without errors or crashes or missing model notifications

Below are the suggestions that didn’t work for me:

* Running as administrator
* Deleting Battle.net and Warcraft III folders and RegEdit entries
* Re-installing Battle.net and Warcraft III Reforged
* Resetting firewall back to default settings
* Updating graphics drivers and other drivers
* Restarting computer
* Installing to a location outside of Program Files
* Scanning and repairing game files
1 Like

I may have found a fix everybody. One of the service techs suggested that ONEDRIVE conflicts with textures. What I did was TURN OFF ONEDRIVE ENTIRELY - UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE GAME - and now it works. No more ugly textures so far.

1 Like

When I play custom game TDs (any TD), I often can’t see my towers / units, and I often don’t see the enemies. I’m on a new iMac. Worked fine before previous update.

After I close War3, it says it looks like there is a problem with the game files, does it’s scan, and then says it is good to go, but it’s not.

2 Likes

VE2ITAS, thanks for providing that info! Based on that information, it’s possible that there is a syncing issue if the User Documents folder is setup to sync with OneDrive. Instead of disabling OneDrive, does the issue resolve if you unsync your User Documents folder? Instructions on how to sync/unsync folders with OneDrive can be found on Microsoft’s website.

There’s a report if that helps - ADC42FD9-F96E-4E35-A2C2-B96E7BBEF4F7

my User Documents folder is not syncd to my Onedrive and I still have this issue

Same problem. Also i cant see units alas druid of the talon and the nightelfs flying unit which makes building certain structures completely useless.

OK so what I did was uninstalled the game removed it from files restarted my pc and reinstalled the game and placed it in my battle.net file and then restarted it as soon as it was done downloading don’t open the game when it’s done installing. it should work. I was up all night trying to get it to work and this method seemed to work and I’m now playing the campaign as Arthas.

Hello Skelgarer,

I have tried VE2ITAS’ solution and now the game is functioning properly.

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

I reinstalled the game and battale-net agent several time.
I completely removed OneDrive so there’s no sync issue.
Tried disabling startup services and reinstalling the video drivers.
I’ve opened a support ticket that directed me back here saying multiple people having the very same issue and I should wait for a solution.

Classic mode works just fine by the way but the game looks like crap.

So here I am.
Still waiting…

1 Like

Same issue, literally just bought the game and upon starting Thrall’s character was missing on the first mission and his portrait was pretty washed out, color-wise. Rebooting and a Scan/Repair didn’t fix, completely reinstalled and that seemed to resolve it. If you use Malwarebytes may want to kill it for the game session. Also if you use an AV program like BitDefender that has cryptomalware or local file protection and blocks programs from creating directories in your My Documents folder make sure to add Battle.net and Warcraft III as exceptions.
Best of luck, all.

pastebin 93z87vdA

same problem, started campaign, i dont see textures of Arthas and footman, but i see Uther

yeah i have ONEDRIVE too for sure the problem from it i will go and try to turn it off and will back with feedback

I’m experiencing the same issue.

I both have to keep repairing the game to open it AND I have the inivisible units bug.

I don’t have onedrive and I have uninstalled malwarebytes already as well. Upgraded my NVIDIA drivers too.

No bueno. It’s still broken.

I cant believe I paid for a game that would just break a few months after owning it due to broken updates/patches. Old games and even pirates have it better when their games dont need an online connection for broken updates.

1 Like

I have the exact same problem on my MacBook 2019. Only started last week. Legion TD was affected moderately, units could be build but some would remain invisible and not selectable. Footmen was completely unplayable. That is because footmen units are invisible and unelectable entirely. This is true for the normal (non-custom) maps as well. Just generally no fun at the moment. Either:

• Some units are invisible but I can still select them
  • Some units are invisible and I cannot select them
  • Some units are colored very strangely (completely pink, red, yellow, etc.)

Do you have similar problems? If you find a fix, would be awesome if you can share the solution.

4 Likes

Reforged used to work fine for me. But after I installed the latest update to Windows, I had to uninstall Reforged on my C drive, because the Windows update needed atleast 10 GB free space and Reforged was taking a lot of space.

So, like I said, I uninstalled Reforged, installed the Windows update. And re-installed Reforged, but on a diffrent drive.

Now I have the same issue. I dont have OneDrive. I have updated all my video drivers etc. etc.

I just tried this. Uninstalled OneDrive and Warcraft III and deleted all Warcraft III files from my system and I don’t know if it helped or not as I had uninstalled and reinstalled the game once already for it to simply fix some things but break others. I can confirm that this solution does not fix the issue at least not for me. However, this time I have no issues with Orcs, Undead or Night Elves. The only issues that I have this time are with Human Units and instead of having color or texture issues the units are just completely invisible. The affected units are Footman, all air units, Paladin, Mountain King, Blood Mage, Archmage. Using Jaina from the Spoils of War Edition is a work around for the Archmage as she does work. I should also add that the game is still crashing sometimes.