[Main Thread] Missing Textures / Can't See In-game Units

Every time I try to open the game, it shows the following:

Game data is unable to load and must be repaired. Please run the Blizzard app to repair the game. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the game.

Therefore I have to scan and repair the game every time I try to run it. Once the repair is done, the game can run. However, if I close the game again, the same thing will happen again. Therefore, I almost have to scan the game every time I want to play.

I have tried to reinstall the game completely from the Blizzard Launcher, but the problem persists.

11 Likes

Same problem here, let me know if you fix it somehow.

I will keep you updated on this one.

Do you have Malwarebytes by any chance? I reinstalled W3 again, restarted PC, uninstalled Malwarebytes and it no longer happens, will try few more times to see if i was just lucky.

I’m getting the same error message as well except sometimes it will load up but when I start a game, units are invisible, buildings are rotated incorrectly and then it crashes… totally unplayable right now

1 Like

Yeah when i first installed my Thrall was red, when i reinstalled he was invisible, game is buggy af.

1 Like

CPU: Ryzen 3700x
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 1660
Ram: 16GB

I tried searching around for this issue, but I don’t see another post that sounds similar to my problem.

I recently upgraded my PC after my motherboard died. New Motherboard, CPU, GPU, etc. I installed W10 fresh and Warcraft III: Reforged, both on an NVME drive. Up to date video card (and other) drivers.

When I first ran Warcraft III: Reforged, it was missing all textures. The entire landscape was solid black. Thrall was a blob of red. I ran Scan and Repair, which didn’t help. I assumed I got a bad download of some of the assets, so I Uninstalled and re-installed overnight, which didn’t change anything. I installed on a 2nd computer and transferred the files and installed once again. This time, it was missing the loading meter and the click to start button, all of the tall grass textures are missing, along with most of Medivh’s textures. His portrait is completely missing too. Random textures are the same way. I haven’t progressed past the first chapter, because I want to get this fixed first.

My previous video card was an AMD Radeon R9 370x and didn’t have any missing textures like this that I recall.
Classic mode works fine.

I took screenshots, but it won’t let me include links so I’m not sure how to show what I mean.

Thanks for any and all help!

2 Likes

i can’t see my units !!! does anyone have this problem

3 Likes

I have classic. Wanted to go through the campaign again and was forced to download this reforge patch. Very first human campaign and I cannot see a single unit only their shadow. I cannot click on any units apart from Arthas. Tried searching for updates and scanning for repair-doesn’t work.

5 Likes

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? I’m having the same problem.

I Have the same problem. Additionally the very first Quest giver is not visible along with the item he drops as a reward.

Hey everyone,

Thank you all for reporting these sudden texture issues! We are currently investigating the root cause of this, and ask that anyone affected post a DxDiag report in this thread. Here are the instructions to create a DxDiag report:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  5. Once you have that made, open the file. You’ll need to copy and paste the contents of the Text document into the post, and put four Tilde (~) marks above the DXDiag. It’ll look like this:
DXDiag goes here

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Can someone post their dxdiag so that I can make sure I’m doing mine right. Also if I am doing mine right I am not sure what the point of the 4 tilde marks is as it actually formats nicer without. However that may be exactly why is to avoid the formatting.

DXDiag pastebin / V5rsH7Hz

Cant post links

Same Issues

DxDiag pastebin. com/yFzPT0gB

pastebin com / dZ5cdGN2

I was experiencing this issue too ( Game data is unable to load and must be repaired. Please run the Blizzard app to repair the game. If the problem persists, try reinstalling the game.) but now it’s fixed for me for some reason. I also didn’t experience this issue earlier in the year when Warcraft III Reforged first came out. Below is the latest sequence of events that led to it working for me on my system:

* Uninstalled Warcraft III Reforged and deleted the Warcraft III entries in RegEdit
* Installed Warcraft III Patch 1.31.1 in a folder separate from Warcraft III, launched Warcraft III and World Editor
* Updated miscellaneous drivers
* Installed Warcraft III Reforged PTR and then Warcraft III Reforged
* Crash when launching Warcraft III Reforged PTR and World Editor PTR
* Crash when launching Warcraft III Reforged and World Editor
* Uninstalled Warcraft III Reforged PTR and Warcraft III Reforged
* Installed Warcraft III Reforged
* Launched Warcraft III Reforged and World Editor without errors or crashes or missing model notifications

Below are the suggestions that didn’t work for me:

* Running as administrator
* Deleting Battle.net and Warcraft III folders and RegEdit entries
* Re-installing Battle.net and Warcraft III Reforged
* Resetting firewall back to default settings
* Updating graphics drivers and other drivers
* Restarting computer
* Installing to a location outside of Program Files
* Scanning and repairing game files
1 Like

I may have found a fix everybody. One of the service techs suggested that ONEDRIVE conflicts with textures. What I did was TURN OFF ONEDRIVE ENTIRELY - UNINSTALL AND REINSTALL THE GAME - and now it works. No more ugly textures so far.

1 Like

When I play custom game TDs (any TD), I often can’t see my towers / units, and I often don’t see the enemies. I’m on a new iMac. Worked fine before previous update.

After I close War3, it says it looks like there is a problem with the game files, does it’s scan, and then says it is good to go, but it’s not.

2 Likes

VE2ITAS, thanks for providing that info! Based on that information, it’s possible that there is a syncing issue if the User Documents folder is setup to sync with OneDrive. Instead of disabling OneDrive, does the issue resolve if you unsync your User Documents folder? Instructions on how to sync/unsync folders with OneDrive can be found on Microsoft’s website.