[Main Thread] Low FPS and Lag Spikes - June 2023

same here. game (ingame and loading screen) feels super choppy even though fps is solid at 60 according to teh counter

cpu ryzen 7 1700
gpu nvidia 2080

2 Likes

Thats exactly what mine does too. got allot better with the fps patch a few days ago though.
320 bios
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H - 90.4%
GPU: Nvidia GTX 1660-Ti (Mobile) - 69.7%
SSD: Kingston OM8PCP3512F-AB 512GB - 160.5%
RAM: Kingston KHX3200C20S4/16GX Samsung M471A2K43DB1-CWE 32GB - 96.4%
MBD: Asus ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA506IU_TUF506IU

1 Like

My gameplay has similar spiking issues, however, my max frame rate is 60fps.

I’m also only able to get a connection about once in every three login attempts. The failed attempts allow me to login, however, versus mode is not available and then I lose connection.

Neither of these problems existed for me about 1.5 weeks ago. I have not changed anything in my setup.

CPU = RYZEN = INSTABLE FPS
nothing changed

Do ya boys & girls, have Intel inside?

I have both and seems intel i7 9700k with less RAM memory still beats newer amd ryzen 7 6800.
And not only in benchmarks, I am talking about real Reforged 's performance.

Same here. FPS is kind of ok in custom games but not in campaigns.
I have ~45 in a campaign. Also, frequent stuttering (about every 3 seconds) in the campaign makes it very uncomfortable.
In a custom game, I have ~100 fps in reforged mode on the maximum setting and no stuttering.
Ryzen 7 3700X
RTX 2070

Tried various game settings and noticed changes in the custom game FPS but the campaign is till slow and stuttering.

The low fps issue for AMD CPU users has not been resolved yet
http s://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cg4y1F79f/?spm_id_from=333.880.my_history.page.click&vd_source=844d0c2002de646f5cfe3185fd23be76

CPU Ryzen 7 5800, GPU Geforce RTX 3060
Significant FPS drop since 1.36 last patch

now its often around 60 which is not playeable

1 Like

it’s unplayable 30-50 fps maximum, cant do anything it been 2 months already do something ?

1 Like

1、CPU:5800X3D
ht*tps://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1cg4y1F79f/?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0
ht%tps://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1MP411D7M1/?spm_id_from=333.999.0.0
2、
FPS on live game version 1.36.0.20257
https://ibb.co/XCBWSzb

FPS on PTR game version 1.36.0.20247
https://ibb.co/HX884pn

The live game version FPS can drop to as low as 20 FPS and has frequent frametime spikes as you can see from the graph in the pictures above while the PTR version runs perfectly smooth (I keep FPS limited to 59 to reduce heat and fan noise)

System specs: Asus TUF A15 Laptop, CPU: Ryzen 4800H, GPU: 1660Ti
Running the latest Nvidia driver 535.98 and AMD driver 23.5.1

WTii

15 posts

17d

Warcraft 3 Performance is spiking with low framerate in Singleplayer + Multiplayer.

Even capping the Framerate to 60 results in it dipping every 3 seconds caused by frequent spikes. See below for examples.

http s://clips.twitch.tv/SplendidGiftedSkunkTwitchRaid-Uw5BWT_aOn7ByfxV
http s://pastebin.com/UxADEmbv

1. List item

CRayDH

1 post

17d

same here. game (ingame and loading screen) feels super choppy even though fps is solid at 60 according to teh counter

cpu ryzen 7 1700
gpu nvidia 2080

**、DarkWarok
The same problem plagues my setup after the last 2 patches. From what I could verify with Afterburner active is that the problem affects both graphics: in classic mode graphics the video card remains practically unused causing a strong instability on the fps and making the game jerky and unplayable in most cases. part of the cases, not to mention the feeling of “heaviness” when using the mouse during the game. In Reforged mode where the video card seems to be used by the game but he fps drop from 200 to 50 or 60 or 70, depend: the game is playble but not everytime.

Nvidia driver settings are set to best. I had the opportunity to verify this problem also in two mine computers:

CPU: 5800x3D
GPU: RTX 4090 with last drives version
RAM: 64 GB
Storage: M.2 Samsung 990 PRO
Monitor: Asus 27’ QHD 240hz
Internet connection: Fiber 2.5Gb
Windows 11 PRO
Gaming Mode: Warcraft 3 Reforged classic grafics mode

CPU: 3950x
GPU: RTX 3090 with last drives version
RAM: 32 GB
Storage: M.2 WD Black 7000mb/s
Monitor: DELL 34’ QHD 144hz
Internet connection: Fiber 2.5Gb
Windows 11 PRO
Gaming Mode: Warcraft 3 Reforged classic grafics mode

I forgot: don’t tell me to check the configuration of the monitor or the game, because obviously I wrote after having performed numerous tests and I’m not a novice. The last few patches have inexorably ruined the playability.

Is a patch problem! They must to fix it please! I am available for any test and to send any file requested to help you solve this crap!

1 Like

With Asus TUF A15 Laptops, (CPU: Ryzen 4800H and 1660ti) , be angry on ASUS because they wired the internal 166ti to the display via internal GPU. Eg. No MUX switch so everything is going through internal GPU.
Other games just did not start because game wants to run on internal GPU and cannot so crashes.

Plus AMD so do not complain here, open Asus tickets - complain to them.

Dont worry they will charge to patch old features

Stormhaven lets GO

@Cat open asus ticket because blizzard employee are not skilled enough to release a patch without destroying the game :smiley:

First I am not defending war 3 or developers.
But about that particular Asus A15, ryzen 7 4800H and 1660Ti 8Gb Ram - I read a lot because I tried to setup one - to be Gaming laptop - but I was not able to run a lot of modern games.

For example Doom Et. started (but more than half of the time crashed after start).

Solution was to connect to external display - because the own display is wired to 1660Ti via internal Amd card - and there are issues transfering info from 1660ti Nvidia to Amd Radeon than to Internal Display …

Sure the protocol between Nvidia and Radeon does not match, you must find both drivers to be compatible…

Plus overheat issues (even when run good old stable starcraft 2) , lot of fan noise, display color gamut problems.
So I did not recommand that laptop for other than surfing on net + microsoft word.

Plus yes, War3 Reforged likes more Intel inside than Amd (another mad device) :smile:

Maybe, but as we said the patch 1.36 PTR works perfectly with 300 stable FPS so it’s not about device or setup in this case, the only reason is the patch 1.36 been programmed by incompetents that is not supported by certain configuration

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.