MacOS keyboard function keys are broken after the game closes

Steps to reproduce

1. Open Warcraft 3 Reforged game on MacOS (see system information below).
  2. Close the game.
  3. Try to press functional keys (lightness control, sound control). They do not perform the actions assigned to them by file system. It looks like their actions are shifted by some offset, and pressing a Decrease Volume key performs the action of F3 (spreading the windows).

I assume the game remaps the actions of function keys in some way. Perhaps, closing it does not remove the remapping, resulting into broken keyboard.

System information

• macOS Mojave 10.14.6
  • iMac Retina 5K 27-inch 2019
  • Processor: 3.6 GHz Intel Core i9
  • Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Graphics: Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB

I would appreciate any assistance in resolving this issue. At least, a guideline on how to restore the default actions to function keys.

3 Likes

I have talked to multiple people on Macs and yes, it seems to tweak the function keys when launching the game. It appears to sometimes be random as well.

You can go back into system preferences -> keyboard and check or uncheck the “Use F1, F2, keys…” option.

Very annoying bug!

1 Like

Happened to me as well, whole top keyboard is broken. Reforged is essentially a malware.

1 Like

Update: I resolved this by restarting my computer a few times.

This issue regularly happens for me, too. It fixes itself on restart of macOS but it’s annoying nonetheless.

same, would love it if someone knows any solution , keep restarting my mac… seems like after so long its still a problem, the game itself keeps freezing after awhile too