MacBook Pro 15" can't run Reforged Graphics

I can’t run the game on Reforged graphics, even in low settings.
I found out that the Macbook isn’t activating the PCle graphics card. The game is running only on the built in graphics.
Game is constantly lagging and freezing when i move camera and mouse. It is unplayable.

Follows specs of Macbook and Graphics card
Processor: 2,3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Memory: 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4
Built in graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Dedicated GPU: Radeon Pro 560X

Have you tried lowering or disabling some of the graphics features such as Lighting or Shadows?

Since you have a 15” and have a AMD dGPU you might need to force the game to use that over the Intel iGPU, do the following;

Apple menu > system preferences > energy > uncheck automatic graphics switching.

See if that helps… ?

1 Like

Ah yes, that graphics card doesn’t kick in until you’ve plugged it into an external monitor. You may be able to set it in the system preferences but I’m not entirely sure about that. Until then everything runs from the integrated graphics.

1. Start a Finder window.
  2. Navigate to the Application you want to prefer your dGPU.
  3. Control-Click the Application .
  4. Select Get Info .
  5. In the Get Info panel, check Prefer Dedicated GPU .
  6. Close the Panel .

Can you update us on this- I have the same MacBook Pro and would to love to know how it runs. Thanks!

So I was unable to find the tick box for Prefer Dedicated GPU, but instead I just set my power saver options to not do auto graphics switching when charging. This helped slightly but it seems the big improvement was when I changed from windowed fullscreen to fullscreen only in WIII options. Oddly, it wasn’t the first resolution option at the top of the list, but one of the same resolution farther down the list. Odd, but seems to run great now!

Don’t ever do windowed anything gameing on osx, the compositor hates it. Even game capture streaming is bad that way, also why your fps when up going to full screen. Full screen windowed is fine, windowed on mac = just half fps.

Odd I also have a eGPU enclosure , maybe that is why I have that option. Glad it works for you question how is the latest MacBook Pro anyways?

I was about to say, I’m running the 2017 MBP i7 3.1 /16gb/ 1TB ssd/ Radeon 560, and it works flawless