Mac. Can’t Install software. “Insufficient Disk Space,” Not true

I’m trying to install Warcraft III from the Blizzard app. The problem is, when I try to install it, I get an error stating, as you might have guessed, “Insufficient Disk Space.” I checked my storage by going to apple>about this mac>storage, where it says I have 72.88 GB available . This is after I deleted a few large apps. I know I have enough storage, but it won’t install. What is the problem? I do not want to pay for third party software, or reformat my Mac.

1 Like

Howdy!

This error can be caused by the Blizzard app running into a permission issue as well. I would recommend to check the following steps:

1. Try resetting the Blizzard app and File Permissions Here.
  2. Repair the Shared Folder Permissions.
    Make sure to fully restart the Mac and retest.
    If the issue continues try step 3.
  3. You may also try creating a new administrator account that could resolve this issue Here.

Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply, and for taking the time to help me. I tried 1-2 and they didn’t work… I tried doing number 3 and also reinstalling the Blizzard App and doing those two in combination worked.

This not work for me because, OSX was showing 83 GB as free space, but after some investigation, I found that 63 GB was “Purgeable Data” that OSX free when necessary (like downloading large file).

So the installer of Battle.net does not look in the total free-able space (83 GB) and only for the real free space (20 GB).

The solution was following this tutorial How to Reclaim Purgeable Space on Mac, but simply this creates a huge file and start coping it (using shell cp command and not cmd+c and cmd+v) until you fill the disk and after rm that, this delete the “purgeable data”